Screw

Green Guy Bass

I am very proud to have attained a quality education at good ol' UNT, but damn it.

Q. How on earth can a school that is smack dab in the middle of the biggest football hotbed in the entire country not have better players coming into the program by default?

A. The coaches, ath. dept. and the admins of our school go by the book and are so scared of screwing up with the NCAA.

Sure some underhanded stuff that big schools get away with is wrong, but they win on Saturday and make those alums proud. I want that and I don't care how it comes to be. Its time for us to sack up and start making the effort to bring in some real talent. I understand its hard to do with shallow pockets, but something could be done on that front. Academically its not hard to get into the school, so crap recruiting classes are a ridiculous thing that many of us continue to tolerate.

Q. How can one of, if not THE best Broadcasting school in the great state not have any sort of television package in the DFW market which is a top 8 media market??

A. The powers that be are trying to lure in apathetic fans into a terrible facility instead of gaining a widespread interest in their product.

How about RV and others not try to sell tailgaiting and maybe work on giving the 30 thousand plus students that attend NT a reason to tune in whether it be in person or on the TV. Exposure is expose no matter how it comes. This is still a big commuter school so those students are not always around on a Saturday. And how about getting some day games at Fouts...for goodness sake we have stuff to do in the Metroplex on a Saturday night. More people will come when they can still have a full weekend instead of having Saturday being centered around a failed event at 6 o'clock.

These are just a few things that bother me among many...I don't want to sound like a forum blow hard, but after a 35-0 shalacking to the hands of a team we have owned the past 5 years is a bummer. I love my mean green, but its turned into something I can't beat my chest over.

Go ahead and criticize some of these Ideas as you guys always do, and give a list of "ifs" and "yeah, buts" (a mind set that has put our program in its current state)....but until the program starts walking around like we have something of consequence between our legs, we will keep getting hammered by the other bottom feeders...yeah I said it.

A. The coaches, ath. dept. and the admins of our school go by the book and are so scared of screwing up with the NCAA.

Sure some underhanded stuff that big schools get away with is wrong, but they win on Saturday and make those alums proud.  I want that and I don't care how it comes to be.

If UNT has to cheat to win, I'd rather lose.