The Past Few Days....

chrisfisher

Just a personal reflection on this past week’s posts and the upcoming game.....we started with a flurry of angry and anxious activity that was mostly directed at our coaches after the Tulsa loss; but over the past few days GMG has been relatively calm and posts have slowed considerably - in fact, I think this is the slowest past few days I've seen since I joined in August. Perhaps everything that needed to be said, was said.

Akron is a pivotal game, at least for GMG members. Win or lose, expect another intense week of posts following the game. I don't think GMG members are unreasonable either. We want to win or be defeated in a knock-down-drag-it-out fight. Blow outs are not acceptable and do not represent the name MEAN Green.

The message to DD: We want to win each game, every game. Nonetheless, we can accept and will be proud of hard fought, in your face, well-coached loses. The time is now, start in Akron.

Edited by chrisfisher

Chris, I've been wondering something lately. If you are working on your Doctorate in Psychology, I would think that that would take a lot of your time. Unless of course, studying the dynamics of a sports message board makes good (and new) material for a dissertation.

Or, you could just be a brillant student, who enjoys the interaction of North Texas sports fans. wink.gif

Just wondering.

Chris, I've been wondering something lately. If you are working on your Doctorate in Psychology, I would think that that would take a lot of your time. Unless of course, studying the dynamics of a sports message board makes good (and new) material for a dissertation.

Or, you could just be a brillant student, who enjoys the interaction of North Texas sports fans. wink.gif

Just wondering.

Hehe...I wish I could do a dissertation on North Texas sports and fans. huh.gif I am working on a doctoral degree in Clinical Health Psychology and Behavioral Medicine. I am also the technical coordinator for the UNT Neurotherapy Lab, and run a small computer rescue business (to $urvive). No doubt I am extremely busy, but I have always wanted to be a part of a school with a D1A sports. I have degrees from UT-San Antonio and Texas A&M-Corpus, so I've never experienced this kind of sporting excitement (and head aches!)!! I am a good student (4.0 GPA after 80 or so graduate hours) and multi-task quite well, if that is what you’re wondering. Einstein was brilliant, I just work really hard. But, you are correct... I really enjoy this board and UNT sports fans, probably too much. In fact, I've gotta watch out, I might be developing OCD for GMG.com! blink.gif

Hehe...I wish I could do a dissertation on North Texas sports and fans. huh.gif  I am working on a doctoral degree in Clinical Health Psychology and Behavioral Medicine. I am also the technical coordinator for the UNT Neurotherapy Lab, and run a small computer rescue business (to $urvive). No doubt I am extremely busy, but I have always wanted to be a part of a school with a D1A sports. I have degrees from UT-San Antonio and Texas A&M-Corpus, so I've never experienced this kind of sporting excitement (and head aches!)!! I am a good student (4.0 GPA after 80 or so graduate hours) and multi-task quite well, if that is what you’re wondering.  Einstein was brilliant, I just work really hard. But, you are correct... I really enjoy this board and UNT sports fans, probably too much. In fact, I've gotta watch out, I might be developing OCD for GMG.com!  blink.gif

Chis, when you become a billionaire, please, buy us a new stadium!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif

My feeling is that nobody knows what to expect out of this season.  We showed somethign vs. SMU and then layed a big fat egg at Tulsa.  Which team will come out against Akron?  I hope the good one, but who knows.

We showed something against SMU because they are truely worse than we are. We won't win tonight and will lose at least 2 in conference play.