September Success......

Got5onIt

The guys really fed on the crowd at home against SMU, I don't see them pulling out wins on the road... Maybe Tulsa, but not Akron... the Zips are tough and even tougher at home.

I predicted an SMU win several weeks ago (just as many of you). So no, not all is gloom and doom from this keyboard as some have suggested. Like maybe a hardy handful who apparently still believe in Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny and such UNT elect would have been superb inspirations (had you been around in the day) to the one who wrote the infamous short story: The Emperor's New Clothes?" Google that up if you don't know the story and how the constituency in that short story treated their Leader. unsure.gif So just more gloom and doom here? No, not really, but maybe just one who merely has a very strong dose of realism in his 6'th generation Texan bloodlines, perhaps? In short, I am not easily bull-shi&&ed by bull-shi&&ers and let that statement stand on its own as to how it relates to our alma mater.

BUT................

Sorry, fellow alums, we will lose to both Tulsa and Akron the next few weeks because they have more talent and better coaching (and don't let the SMU game make you think all have turned over a new leaf with our own coaching staff--you cannot take spots off a leopard); anyway, UNT will (probably) be competitive this year (but probably not next year in our roller coaster ride in the Bottom Quadrant of NCAA D1-A) in the SBC and still too dangerously close to the Bottom 10. And we all know, for those who will keep playing "make believe" games how high our ranking will be with SBC success and also how much regional and national media respect that will gain for us as well. sad.gif

BUT STILL, WHO KNOWS.............UNT may even win the SBC in 2006, make a triumphant return to WW's SBC love-in at the NO's Bowl, then get schooled by the #3 or #4 CUSA team (again) and still be ranked anywhere from #90 thru #117 in the final polls after the final bowl game is played. Then (once again) we will recruit players just good enough to beat SBC level competition (which SMU could even be considered in that company this year). unsure.gif

YET..........all this sound way too familiar? Is this what really floats your boat? Hellsbells! Go ahead and just do it, Bobby Ray, "O Ye of D1-A Expertise"; just go ahead and recommend and get approval for everyone in the NT Athletic Dept. to get another early Christmas present of contract extensions. All this at the NCAA D1-A's only school where coach's expections are quite low and at the NCAA D1-A's only retirement club, that is, our own Green Oaks Retirement Center @ Denton of which some of you approve by per$evering all this because a coach or some NT athletic staffer will call you by your first name, give you the time of day and if you get real lucky, buy you an occassional beer? And yes, you all are correct, this kind of attention would not happen at UT, TAMU, TTech, TCU, UTEP OR................. any other upwardly mobile D1-A school whose athletic staff might just be too busy out on the highways and hedges seeking out and getting much larger donors who would actually deserve such attention. rolleyes.gif

A Norm Hitzghes drop on KTCK "The Ticket": "OH, SOMEONE, PLEASE.........JUST KILL ME!" rolleyes.gifsmile.gif But still..........an NCAA D1-A head football coaching job handed to him on a silver "green tinted" platter after a multi-school/ journeyman assistant coaching career. And this silver platter made possible for him with one of the quickest hires in NCAA D1-A history after Matt Simon was fired............... Anyone ever ask "WHY SO QUICK?" I know many of you who did.

Yet this UNT head football coaches job made possible by a very, very, very small new coaches hiring committee made up of, uh, an aproximate 2-man (give or take) committee of which not one had a UNT degree. And from all appearances and pretty reliabe hearsay from some of you, not ONE single person with Denton ties or a UNT degree being asked their opinion by the KSU Konnection KOUP GANG or our new head football coach hiring committee. It was truly, a KSU Koup of sad proportions whose results still have for us a coach under .500 in his 9'th year at Club Med U and with our football program annually ranked toward the bottom of NCAA D1-A. BTW, all this at the 4'th largest university in the state of Kansa'..............whoops, sorry, I mean't TEXAS. huh.gif

Sorry boys/girls, but this is just not the same NORTH TEXAS I attended as a student when our sights were much higher and our hiring sights were much higher too; that is, we hired personnel who had the skins coupled with the talent to deliver and get us in the upper echelon of NCAA Division One back in that day.

JUST ONE MORE THING: And to you who equate good Game Day tail-gating to having a good NCAA D1-A football program? Why not just plan a big BBQ in your backyard any Saturday of the year and invite your favorite ex school-mates and friends to such? Just a suggestion....

WE CAN DO BETTER (because we have done better, but at a higher profile).

John Bunting is the current head football coach at the University of North Carolina has achieved a stellar career record of 24-36 at that institution.

An ACC school.

If you don't remember, UNC has had some farly recent gridiron success, some bowl games in the late 90's and what not(remember Mack Brown?).

So it's not like they should have bottom of the barrel expectations there.

And his record is 24-36, and from what I understand safe.

So, please, we're not the only school that has held onto a struggling coach that we see potential in.

If you recall, last year I pointed out similar stats that Coach Dickey shares with the coach at Northern Illinois - if you wanna compare Mid Major to Mid Major.

Guest GrayEagleOne

I expect us to be 3-1, nothing less.  We have the defense to do it, and now we have an offense that if lives up to it's potential could play lights out!

Rick

If we are to accomplish this feat, it would be far and away a first for a Dickey-coached team. One with an asterisk is the best that Coach Dickey has ever been able to muster as a head coach. The asterisk is Troy, who had become a member for other sports but not football. On two occasions the one OOC win was 1-AAs Samford and Nicholls State.

I do like the potential of this defense but I think that the Kennedy, Buckles, Spencer, Jones et al defenses were better than this one is right now. All that they could win was one OOC per year. Under Deloache I believe that we were a Top 10 defense twice.

I'm hopeful, but if I go by history then we don't have a prayer.

Guest GrayEagleOne

If we are to accomplish this feat, it would be far and away a first for a Dickey-coached team.  One with an asterisk is the best that Coach Dickey has ever been able to muster as a head coach.  The asterisk is Troy, who had become a member for other sports but not football.  On two occasions the one OOC win was 1-AAs Samford and Nicholls State.

I do like the potential of this defense but I think that the Kennedy, Buckles, Spencer, Jones et al defenses were better than this one is right now.  All that they could win was one OOC per year.  Under Deloache I believe that we were a Top 10 defense twice. 

I'm hopeful, but if I go by history then we don't have a prayer.

Sorry, I did find an occasion where we won two OOCs in the same year. In Andrew's year we beat Baylor and Cincinnati in the NO Bowl.

Guest GrayEagleOne

UNT needs to beat Tulsa.  Needs to be a rivalry game due to proximity.

It has been a rivalry LJ, mostly from the old Missouri Valley Conference days. We've played them 20 times but we've only won 6.

It has been a rivalry LJ, mostly from the old Missouri Valley Conference days.  We've played them 20 times but we've only won 6.

Yes, GEO, you are absolutely right. smile.gif

I was checking the CF data warehouse web page a while back and noticed all the times UNT/TU have played. I'd wager there are a lot of younger MG fans who might not know how much of a history these 2 teams have?

I quit reading them a long time ago.

HEY! DON'T READ THIS ONE, EITHER, TO THOSE WHO DON'T READ THESE KIND OF THINGS! rolleyes.gif

Not saying you are one of them, Green92, but I am amused with those who "stopped reading PMG posts" a long time ago but have responded to others after they have said they didn't. smile.gif

I have never asked the hardy handful of you who support an annual athletic co-existance in the lower depths of NCAA D1-A to ever agree with anything I post.

Doesn't matter to me one way or the other if you agree, but it seems we have some who wouldn't know a good upwardly bound college football program if it came up and bit them in the a$$.

Yet here we are with UNT, a school with more than its fair share of under .500 varsity coaches with numerous years on the UNT payroll to have time to change that and show us all trends that indicate an upward direction (as compared to ALL the other 100 plus schools in NCAA D1-A (not just the "feared by few" Sun Belt Conference)................

.............and BTW on the subject of UNT coaches career W/L records, just who do we have on payroll who is over .500 with a number of years under their belt to at least reach .500? I hope someone can get all their media guides out and (hopefully) list 1 or 2 so we call all celebrate this long since gone from UNT phenomena together. cool.gif

And BTW, what have I posted that is so far out there; that is, that is not the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me Scrappy? blink.gif To quote Ross Peorot in a presidential debate a few years ago: I'm all ears! cool.gif

YET...........its just that anyone who has a degree from UNT is what I would consider a stock-holder in the our alma mater of which many of whom (even besides just myself) have opinions of what needs to really happen in Denton that would cause any SMU game at Fouts Field to draw 30,000 plus or ever SRO.

So did we really have 25,000 plus at Fouts last Saturday night, folks? That is, instead of the 16,500 one very concerned MG fan and poster posted yesterday was his most concerned estimate? That post along with others soon after the game who suggested there may have been no more than 21-22,000? And one of those "guest-imators" a fan of UNT football for well over 4 decades? BTW, a game that some officials on-campus were hyping as a near sellout which is one helluva' questionable way to promote and attemtp to juke some fans into buying tickets when there were plenty of tickets to be purchased at the ticket office? unsure.gif

With what I now do for work requires I work every Saturday (AM into PM hours) so those of you who have the luxury of choosing leisure and recreational type activities (such as college football Game Days are) I really do envy you, but I am not so sure now that I could vallidate what these guys/girls on our UNT payroll have been doing for 9 years (one for 18 yrs. and still under .500 mad.gif ) if I even had my Saturdays open. FWIW, I also do NOT stand alone with that last aforementioned feeling, either.

This is NOT and could hardly be considered a personal vendetta to anyone on the UNT payroll because I hardly know those I mostly refer to in these epistles, folks, its just a matter of..........

WE CAN DO BETTER (because we have done better, but at a higher profile)!

So who of any of you prefer our present status among all of NCAA D1-A with trends (uh, 9 years worth of trends for crissakes', folks! blink.gif suggesting this won't dramatically change any time soon? And choosing all that we have now rather than having such an athletic co-existance where we, too, can play a #9 ranked D1-A school competitively much like SBC'er Troy U did against Florida State just the other night?

So come on, folks, at which time do some of you get ahold of your senses and cease your praising of our number of UNT Emporers as they parade around in their, uh, rather unique and nice blink.gif selections of clothing that their on-campus spinmaters and clothiers have made special for all of them as to impress those who I really think they think are one helluva' gullible bunch of college athetic fans.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Actually it was three. Troy was not a conference member until the following year cool.gif

You're right, there were three. I tried to go from memory. This time I wrote them down.

1998 - None

1999 - Texas Tech

2000 - Samford, ULL

2001 - None

2002 - Nicholls State, Cincinnati

2003 - Baylor, Troy

2004 - None

2005 - None

I still think that it's a pretty pathetic record and until Coach Dickey proves that he can beat more than one 1-A team in a season, i won't be predicting or betting on us to win. Maybe this is the season that the coaches turn the corner. It's time.

I predicted an SMU win several weeks ago (just as many of you).  So no, not all is gloom and doom from this keyboard as some have suggested.  Like maybe a hardy handful who apparently still believe in Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny and such UNT elect would have been superb inspirations (had you been around in the day) to the one who wrote the infamous short story:  The Emperor's New Clothes?"  Google that up if you don't know the story and how the constituency in that short story treated their Leader. unsure.gif  So just more gloom and doom here?  No, not really, but maybe just one who merely has a very strong dose of realism in his 6'th generation Texan bloodlines, perhaps?  In short,  I am not easily bull-shi&&ed by bull-shi&&ers and let that statement stand on its own as to how it relates to our alma mater.

BUT................

Sorry, fellow alums, we will lose to both Tulsa and Akron the next few weeks because they have more talent and better coaching (and don't let the SMU game make you think all have turned over a new leaf with our own coaching staff--you cannot take spots off a leopard);  anyway, UNT will (probably) be competitive this year (but probably not next year in our roller coaster ride in the Bottom Quadrant of NCAA D1-A) in the SBC and still too dangerously close to the Bottom 10.  And we all know, for those who will keep playing "make believe" games  how high our ranking will be with SBC success and also how much regional and national media respect that will gain for us as well. sad.gif 

BUT STILL, WHO KNOWS.............UNT may even win the SBC in 2006, make a triumphant return to WW's SBC love-in at the NO's Bowl, then get schooled by the #3 or #4 CUSA team (again) and still be ranked anywhere from #90 thru #117 in the final polls after the final bowl game is played.  Then (once again) we will recruit players just good enough to beat SBC level competition (which SMU could even be considered in that company this year). unsure.gif

YET..........all this sound way too familiar?  Is this what really floats your boat?  Hellsbells! Go ahead and just do it, Bobby Ray, "O Ye of D1-A Expertise";  just go ahead and recommend and get approval for everyone in the NT Athletic Dept. to get another early Christmas present of contract  extensions. All this at the NCAA D1-A's only school where coach's expections are quite low and at the NCAA D1-A's only retirement club, that is, our own Green Oaks Retirement Center @ Denton of which some of you approve by per$evering all this because a coach or some NT athletic staffer will call you by your first name, give you the time of day and if you get real lucky, buy you an occassional beer?  And yes, you all are correct, this kind of attention would not happen at UT, TAMU, TTech, TCU, UTEP OR................. any other upwardly mobile D1-A school whose athletic staff might just be too busy out on the highways and hedges seeking out and getting much larger donors who would actually deserve such attention. rolleyes.gif 

A Norm Hitzghes drop on KTCK "The Ticket":  "OH, SOMEONE, PLEASE.........JUST KILL ME!" rolleyes.gifsmile.gif    But still..........an NCAA D1-A head football coaching job handed to him on a silver "green tinted" platter after a multi-school/ journeyman assistant coaching career.  And this silver platter made possible for him with one of the quickest hires in NCAA D1-A history after Matt Simon was fired............... Anyone ever ask "WHY SO QUICK?"  I know many of you who did. 

Yet this UNT head football coaches job made possible by a very, very, very small new coaches hiring committee made up of, uh, an aproximate 2-man (give or take) committee of which not one had a UNT degree.  And from all appearances and pretty reliabe hearsay from some of you,  not ONE single person with Denton ties or a UNT degree being asked their opinion by the KSU Konnection KOUP GANG or our new head football coach hiring committee.  It was truly,  a KSU Koup of sad proportions whose results still have for us a coach under .500 in his 9'th year at Club Med U and with our football program annually ranked toward the bottom of NCAA D1-A.  BTW,  all this at the 4'th largest university in the state of Kansa'..............whoops, sorry,  I mean't TEXAS. huh.gif 

Sorry boys/girls, but this is just not the same NORTH TEXAS I attended as a student when our sights were much higher and our hiring sights were much higher too; that is, we hired personnel who had the skins coupled with the talent to deliver and get us in the upper echelon of NCAA Division One back in that day.

JUST ONE MORE THING:  And to you who equate good Game Day tail-gating to having a good NCAA D1-A football program?  Why not just plan a big BBQ in your backyard any Saturday of the year and invite your favorite ex school-mates and friends to such?  Just a suggestion....

WE CAN DO BETTER (because we have done better, but at a higher profile).

Jim, you, my friend, have such a jaded view...but the facts are, you missed the best game North Texas has played in years. Remember, Hayden beat SMU 24-13, and yes, that was probably a better SMU team, but we've got a steller blazing quick QB in Woody Wilson, and you have too much Mean Green Blood in you. Get off your negative course, and be at the Middle Tennessee game, September 30th. I have a ticket for you. Please, friend. Please!

I'm kinda slow, but am now also free ! cool.gif

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T READ THIS ONE EITHER, OK? :rolleyes:

First of all, let me say how it just breaks my downtrodden ol' heart that some of you DD butt-kissers don't read my posts. Also, please explain to new posters what it is we are all supposed to be excited about with life as an NCAA D1-A Bottom Feeder with DD and others as our leaders, OK? Hellsbells! Some of us would even like to know what that could possibly be, too. Please enlighten us all! unsure.gif

Yet......... I am losing sleep over such things as a few of you not reading my post. rolleyes.gif BUT............. what some of you need to concern yourselves with more than just my posts is what ADLER posted just last week when he posted how he feared the tens of thousands of NT Exes/Mean Green fans who are all truly distancing themselves from this athletic program, and I'd guess that specifically for one of the reasons is that they do not accept or support those who are presently running our Mean Green ship.

OK, to you who swear that you are not reading my posts let me say this to you right now: Some of you might want to know why I just don't wave the white flag like so many and just join the rest of many former avid supporters of NT athletics who don't care enough to turn their computers onto GMG.com at all anymore even just to say to hell with em' all?

Well, its just not my style to give up so easily without letting those who would keep our school in such a down-trodden mode know that they can't fool or lull every NT Ex to sleep, as they have (unfortunately) done with some of you who are still not reading any of my post). rolleyes.gifBIG HINT? Might 21K (+/-) for an SMU game at Fouts Field in Denton,Texas, America be a very subtle hint to a hardy handful of you who do support DD Ball that many others of a growing army don't and won't till he (and others on the NT staff who would persevere all this with contract extensions) are also history?

Yet still..............to a handful of you who still might want to know why I even continue to post about my own disenchantment with the direction of NT football let me say this: First of all, I am a still a UNT graduate and therefore like anyone with an NT degree, I am also interested in our alma mater's general welfare as an NT stock-holder (if you will) who just happens to think that our alma mater can still regain the kind of respect it had when I was an NTSU student.

Many of us are just very curious to know why our present UNT administrative leadership, specifically the NT Board of Regents seem to be stuck on the notion that we just cannot do any better at UNT (with our personnel) than we are doing so they just keep on rubber-stamping contract extensions with this same ol' personnel without looking at many of their multi-year W/L records in Denton.

All this is truly an amazing phenomena I've never heard of ever happening at any other NCAA D1-A school the 40 years I've followed college sports. Usually in the past in Denton, UNT was able to run off mediocre employees in the NT Athletic Dept. or those with some D1-A talent just got better jobs, but now in Denton, its all about letting sub-par performance personnel just hang around because UNT leaders apparently don't think anyone else can do better for crissakes'?!?!?! blink.gifsad.gifdry.gifwink.gifph34r.gif

AND.............SPEAKING OF UNT LEADERSHIP: Anyone want to guess how long Bobby Ray would last as Chairman of the Board of Regents at schools such as TAMU or University of Texas or even a Texas Tech with his (apparent) philosophy of athletics at the NCAA D1-A level? How about the fact that he would probably last the time that it took for his ink to dry on yet another under .500 W/L UNT coach's extended contract--maybe even faster than that. unsure.gif

Many would also be curious as to what our UNT's administration's own goals are for Mean Green football and D1-A athletics in general; but it does concern many of us that our very own NT leadership seems to not have a grasp or full understanding as to what the real traits and characteristics of an upwardly bound D1-A athletic program really are. One wonders if our NT leaders even look at season ending polls and read what various sports scribes (outside of the DRC thank you very much) are saying about our football program's direction (if they are saying anything about it at all, that is).

Also, many are curious as to why 9 years of DD Ball with (still) so little respect nationally among the upper echelon of NCAA D1-A does not seem to say much to those from our school who would lead us. Some of you may even wonder why thousands chose to stay away from (even) a home season football opener with the vaunted and much-feared Metroplex rival (at least a rival to us) SMU Mustangs? For some of you who are mature enough to discuss the post instead of the poster, that (alone) should be a "tell-tell" sign to you especially that DD Ball (after 9 years) has still not caught the imagination of the kind of NT and Mean Green fans who would fill the rest of those 15,000 empty seats we have at most home games.

Even how about those home games when we did have a decent crowd that DD Ball mentality and play-calling permeated and stunk up the place as to where you'd see many, many (most likely) "new" fans and faces leaving Fouts Field at half time in disgust with the boring football and predictable play-calling we've gotten. Like some of you are now posting, even 4 bowl game appearances has not won us many friends across the nations (and for damn certain not across Denton County).

Many of us wonder why our NT leadership apparently seem not to notice what programs like UTEP and Troy U have done against the Big Boys which might make them think twice before they rubber-stamp another under. 500 NT coaches contract in Denton. BTW, some of yall remember when we used to play the role that Troy seems to have taken away from us? Well, I keep forgetting that many of you don't remember when we played that kind of role because some of you weren't even born yet. rolleyes.gif

Nevertheless, to all of you who are still not reading this post because you gave up PMG post long ago, rolleyes.gif anyway, you want to know what REAL freedom is? Real freedom is not paying one iota of attention to you who have accepted unadulterated mediocrity for our NT football program and have no apparent charities to help out but rather you choose throwing your good money away at your broken down Studebaker of an NT athletic program getting pretty well the same results and national rankings each year. Oh...........but I forgot, we do have a Top 10 Tailgate program at UNT, now don't we? smile.gif

Real freedom for myself and others is also not reading posts of those who don't have the gonads to suggest to the UNT administration that things aren't quite right or on schedule for a UNT football program that needs to go to the next level; that is, a NORTH TEXAS that even used to be respected by many non mid-major football schools but rather we have our present program that annually hovers in and around the Bottom Feeders of NCAA D1-A. Real freedom for myself and many others of our growing army? Well.........that's being "mediocrity free" from those of you who seem to view our athletic mediocrity and DD Ball as a close friend and ally. rolleyes.gif

In fact, for many of us, it now feels even better to know that the next Mean Green home football game we will attend will not have Darrell "woe is me because I work at North Texas" Dickey as the UNT head football coach. Now when that happens will be anyone's guess in Denton since we have so many who are planning "NT Board of Regent's" approved UNT/Denton retirements (although some of their job results and lack of acceptance by our overall masses suggests that some have retired already). ohmy.gif

And with the most talented, astute and most aware of whats going on around them leadership in the history of UNT (insert sarcasm with that sentence) ph34r.gif I'm sure that they will not yield to all their personal temptations to eventually replace DD with one of their buddies, friend, relatives (grandson's HS football coach) or ex coaching associates; but rather, NT powers that be will somehow hopefully stumble onto the idea of doing a national search for a head football coach at UNT when the time calls for it while at the same time observing how such hires as a Coach Mike Price turned it all around at UTEP. ie, a football program that his coaching leadership and higher profile recruiting put them in the Top 25 for the first time in the El Paso's school's (basketball first oriented) history.

So to you who don't read my posts any longer and who are not reading this one as well, its over and I'm out..............(for now, that is). rolleyes.gif

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T READ THIS ONE EITHER, OK? :rolleyes:

First of all, let me say how it just breaks my downtrodden ol' heart that some of you DD butt-kissers don't read my posts.  Also, please explain to new posters what it is we are all supposed to be excited about with life as an NCAA D1-A Bottom Feeder with DD and others as our leaders, OK? Hellsbells! Some of us would even like to know what that could possibly be, too.  Please enlighten us all! unsure.gif

Yet.........  I am losing sleep over such things as a few of you not reading my post. rolleyes.gif  BUT............. what some of you need to concern yourselves with more than just  my posts is what  ADLER posted just last week when he posted how he feared the tens of thousands of NT Exes/Mean Green fans who are all truly distancing themselves from this athletic program, and I'd guess that specifically for one of the reasons is that they do not accept or support those who are presently running our Mean Green ship. 

OK, to you who swear that you are not reading my posts let me say this to you right now: Some of you might  want to know why I just don't wave the white flag like so many and just join the rest of many former avid supporters of NT athletics who don't care enough to turn their computers onto GMG.com at all anymore even just to say to hell with em' all

Well, its just not my style to give up so easily without letting those who would keep our school in such a down-trodden mode know that they can't fool or lull every NT Ex to sleep, as they have (unfortunately) done with some of you who are still not reading any of my post).  rolleyes.gif  BIG HINT?  Might 21K (+/-) for an SMU game at Fouts Field in Denton,Texas, America be a very subtle hint to a hardy handful of you who do support DD Ball that many others of a growing army don't and won't till he (and others on the NT staff who would persevere all this with contract extensions) are also history?

Yet still..............to a handful of you who still might want to know why I even continue to post about my own disenchantment with the direction of NT football let me say this: First of all, I am a still a UNT graduate and therefore like anyone with an NT degree, I am also interested in our alma mater's general welfare as an NT stock-holder (if you will)  who just happens to  think that our alma mater can still regain the kind of respect it had when I was an NTSU student.

Many of us are just very curious to know why our present UNT administrative leadership, specifically the NT Board of Regents seem to be stuck on the notion that we just cannot do any better at UNT (with our personnel) than we are doing so they just keep on rubber-stamping contract extensions with this same ol' personnel without looking at many of their multi-year W/L records in Denton. 

All this is truly an amazing phenomena I've never heard of ever happening at any other NCAA D1-A school the 40 years I've followed college sports.  Usually in the past in Denton, UNT was able to run off mediocre employees in the NT Athletic Dept. or those with some D1-A talent just got better jobs, but now in Denton, its all about letting sub-par performance personnel just hang around because UNT leaders apparently don't think anyone else can do better for crissakes'?!?!?! blink.gif  sad.gif  dry.gif  wink.gif  ph34r.gif

AND.............SPEAKING OF UNT LEADERSHIP:  Anyone want to guess how long Bobby Ray would last as Chairman of the Board of Regents at schools such as TAMU or University of Texas or even a Texas Tech with his (apparent) philosophy of athletics at the NCAA D1-A level?  How about the fact that he would probably last the time that it took for his ink to dry on yet another under .500 W/L UNT coach's extended contract--maybe even faster than that. unsure.gif   

Many would also be curious as to what our UNT's administration's own goals are for Mean Green football and D1-A athletics in general; but it does concern many of us that our very own NT leadership seems to not have a grasp or full understanding as to what the real traits and characteristics of an upwardly bound D1-A athletic program really are.  One wonders if our NT leaders even look at season ending polls and read what various sports scribes (outside of the DRC thank you very much) are saying about our football program's direction (if they are saying anything about it at all, that is). 

Also, many are curious as to why 9 years of DD Ball with (still) so little respect nationally among the upper echelon of NCAA D1-A does not seem to say much to those from our school who would lead us.  Some of you may even wonder why thousands chose to stay away from (even) a home season football opener with the vaunted and much-feared Metroplex rival (at least a rival to us) SMU Mustangs?  For some of you who are mature enough to discuss the post instead of the poster, that (alone) should be a "tell-tell" sign to you especially that DD Ball (after 9 years) has still not caught the imagination of the kind of NT and Mean Green fans who would fill the rest of those 15,000 empty seats we have at most home games.

Even how about those home games when we did have a decent  crowd that DD Ball mentality and play-calling permeated and stunk up the place as to where you'd see many, many (most likely)  "new" fans and faces leaving Fouts Field at half time in disgust with the boring football and predictable play-calling we've gotten.  Like some of you are now posting, even 4 bowl game appearances has not won us many friends across the nations (and for damn certain not across Denton County). 

Many of us wonder why our NT leadership apparently seem not to notice what programs like UTEP and Troy U have done against the Big Boys which might make them think twice before they rubber-stamp another under. 500 NT coaches contract in Denton.  BTW, some of yall remember when we used to play the role that Troy seems to have taken away from us?  Well, I keep forgetting that many of you don't remember when we played that kind of role because some of you weren't even born yet. rolleyes.gif

Nevertheless, to all of you who are still not reading this post because you gave up PMG post long ago, rolleyes.gif  anyway,  you want to know what REAL freedom is?  Real freedom is not paying one iota of attention to you who have accepted  unadulterated mediocrity for our NT football program and have no apparent charities to help out but rather you choose throwing your good money away at your broken down Studebaker of an NT athletic program getting pretty well the same results and national rankings each year.  Oh...........but I forgot, we do have a Top 10 Tailgate program at UNT, now don't we? smile.gif

Real freedom for myself and others is also not reading posts of those who don't have the gonads to suggest to the UNT administration that things aren't quite right or on schedule for a UNT football program that needs to go to the next level; that is, a NORTH TEXAS that even  used to be respected by many non mid-major football schools but rather we have our present program that annually hovers in and around the Bottom Feeders of NCAA D1-A.  Real freedom for myself and many others of our growing army?  Well.........that's being "mediocrity free" from those of you who seem to view our athletic mediocrity and DD Ball as a close friend and ally. rolleyes.gif 

In fact, for many of us, it now feels even better to know that the next Mean Green home football game we will attend will not have Darrell "woe is me because I work at North Texas" Dickey as the UNT head football coach.  Now when that happens will be anyone's guess in Denton since we have so many who are planning "NT Board of Regent's" approved UNT/Denton retirements (although some of their job results and lack of acceptance by our overall masses suggests that some have retired already). ohmy.gif

And with the most talented, astute and most aware of whats going on around them leadership in the history of UNT (insert sarcasm with that sentence) ph34r.gif  I'm sure that they will not yield to all their personal temptations to eventually replace DD with one of their buddies, friend, relatives (grandson's HS football coach) or ex coaching associates; but rather, NT powers that be will somehow hopefully stumble onto the idea of doing a national search for a head football coach at UNT when the time calls for it while at the same time observing how such hires as a Coach Mike Price turned it all around at UTEP. ie, a football program that his coaching leadership and higher profile recruiting put them in the Top 25 for the first time in the El Paso's school's (basketball first oriented) history.

So to you who don't read my posts any longer and who are not reading this one as well, its over and I'm out..............(for now, that  is). rolleyes.gif

WOW!!

Calm down a little PMG. Take the SMU win in and relax bit. There is plenty of time left in the season for all of us to criticize North Texas football. Celebrate a well played win. One of the more "complete" wins in a couple of years.

cool.gif