This is it...

BIG DAWG

QB's have stolen the show this week on the board, but a I want to say something now so that I can claim it befoer it happens.

Be ready to see a Mean Green defense that is going to be quite salty this evening. This defense is going to imprees tonight.

The offense is going to have to give them some rest time thiugh, they can't play 2/3's of the game and be effective in the 4th. This is no deifferent than any other defense in the land.

We WILL play well vs. the pass, and I have a feeling that we will be able to shut down the run.

Be ready I am calling it.

I know some of you are laughing because of what you saw at UT, but just be ready.

By the way I will be out there at about 12:30, I would like to meet as many board members as I can this year...I am will be tailgaiting in a black truck with a green canopy put up. Come by if you have a chance and see the set up.

GO MEAN GREEN

QB's have stolen the show this week on the board, but a I want to say something now so that I can claim it befoer it happens.

Be ready to see a Mean Green defense that is going to be quite salty this evening.  This defense is going to imprees tonight.

I agree.

I liked what I saw of Isaac Thomas. I think he brought a lot of tenacity last week, and held his own pretty well. I think the LB's and the secondary actually did some good things, and you can really tell a difference in the lateral speed this team has. Big improvement.

Not sure about the offense. We'll see what/which QB shows up to play this week, as that's still a big question mark. Somebody needs to take charge here--and quick. It looks to me like there needs to be a bunch of time spent in the film room by these guys. Who knows.

I don't believe that the UT game was a good barometer of how this team is going to play in conference or at any of the other OOC games this year, because they faced a big-time test last week. Having said that, I am hoping to see some penetration and disruption from the DL, because I'm afraid that the MG will be hard-pressed to score a lot of points tonight. We'll see what UNT has in the bag on that front this week for sure.

BIG DAWG is on his way to God's Country to stake out his Tailgate spot at the glory that is Fouts Field!

All the negative stuff is out the window...lets beat the hell out of SMU..win or lose I am NT Mean Green fan for life!

Plumm I hope you have a GREAT time...ALL ENJOY a PACKEDE and NOISY Fouts Field.

IT IS GAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After playing against the phenominal team speed of UT last week, SMU will look like they are running in mud. There were several instances where we just missed last week. I don't think we miss this week. I can assure you that the Phonies will not be as fast, strong, or athletic as the Longhorns. I think that Woody(if he plays) will be able to do some damage to SMU whereas he just couldn't avoid the Longhorns pass rush. Jamario should have some holes to run through and maybe, just maybe the qb's will have some time to let the receivers complete their routes downfield.

NT 24

smu 20

Here's some encouraging news:

I went to the store this morning to stock up for tailgating supplies (about to head out now with the wife and the girls!). I saw several people with NT shirts on and I asked each if they were going to the game. Every single one was going! I go in line and there were two girls with NT shirts on and I asked them if they were going. Yes! And the group in front of them (4 or 5 people) turned and said they were going to. I went to Chick-fil-a to get something to eat and a girl saw my NT shirt and asked me if I was I was going to the game. This is great! People actually saying they are going!

biggrin.gif

See you there in a few!