P Cobbs

BoJangles12

I've been rooting for PC the entire time, but I don't think he did enough tonight against the Giants 1st string defense to warrant passing Evans on the depth chart and thus taking his roster spot. What killed him was the fumble. 1 is forgivable in a coaches eyes, but 2 in 4 games especially for and undrafted free agent, not to mention the dropped pass, that killed him tonight. Yes he is a better running back then Evans, but Evans has the veteran experience and hasn't fumbled in the preseason. Cobbs has shown he can pound it the same and sometimes better than Evans on third down and also that he can work with the ST and catch better out of the backfield than Evans, but taking my green goggles off it looks like the practice squad or another team via waivers for Cobbs. To be honest getting picked up by another team may be better for him. He has a long climb in NE where in Indy or Houston it may be a little easier to get up that ladder.

To go with my Green, I also have Teal in my blood! Jacksonville recently lost Greg Jones for the year with a blown ACL.... We could use another RB - especially one with soft hands like PC. Everytime Pat touches the ball I just keep thinking that dispite people saying that he is too small and too slow....there was another RB in the NFL that did pretty well for himself that Cobbs is almost an exact duplicate of physically. That 5'9" 210lb player --- Emmit Smith!!

If not on the Pats... he has proven his worth and most assuredly he will be picked up by someone.

In my Mean Green little heart -- I hope it's the Jags! rolleyes.gif

I've been rooting for PC the entire time, but I don't think he did enough tonight against the Giants 1st string defense to warrant passing Evans on the depth chart and thus taking his roster spot.  What killed him was the fumble.  1 is forgivable in a coaches eyes, but 2 in 4 games especially for and undrafted free agent, not to mention the dropped pass, that killed him tonight.  Yes he is a better running back then Evans, but Evans has the veteran experience and hasn't fumbled in the preseason.  Cobbs has shown he can pound it the same and sometimes better than Evans on third down and also that he can work with the ST and catch better out of the backfield than Evans, but taking my green goggles off it looks like the practice squad or another team via waivers for Cobbs.  To be honest getting picked up by another team may be better for him.  He has a long climb in NE where in Indy or Houston it may be a little easier to get up that ladder.

FYI...If I am remembering correctly ....He did better against the 1st team than Evans did. Evans was 2.0 YPC against the 1st team, and PC was 3.8. Cobbs stayed his average with the 2 and 3rd team, and evans went up to 2.8.

I think the issue is the fumble. PC is the better HB without a doubt. But coaches do not like the fumble. Good news is that PC will probably go somewhere.

Edited by 0footballfan0