38)Mid.Tenn.St.: 8,128

41)La.-Monroe: 7,860

46)North Texas: 7,338

55)Troy: 6,336

66)La.-Lafayette: 5,884

Mileage

I don't know that this means anything.

But here are some senseless stats

6 out of 8 Football Programs in the Sun Belt Conference have more than average traveling.

7 out of 8 Football Programs in the Sun Belt Conference are in the top 50% of most travel for a team. With Lafayette at #66 out of 118, 59 being middle.

At the end of the Day it seems like the Belt travels a whole lot more than I thought. I also thought this conference was put together for more regional games and less travel. Maybe this is a whole lot better than before.

1) Florida Atlantic: 15,064

30)Florida Int'l: 9,086 

33)Arkansas State: 8,802

Mileage

At the end of the Day it seems like the Belt travels a whole lot more than I thought. I also thought this conference was put together for more regional games and less travel. Maybe this is a whole lot better than before.

This includes the OCC games. The football conference is relatively compact.

This includes the OCC games. The football conference is relatively compact.

I know, but I still question teams like;

Florida Atlantic at 1404 miles from Denton.

Florida International at 1461 miles from Denton

- - - - - - - - -

Troy is 798 miles away.

Middle Tennessee is 711 away

Adding those two doubled our farthest conference games.

*distances determined with Google maps.

1) Florida Atlantic: 15,064

30)Florida Int'l: 9,086 

33)Arkansas State: 8,802

Mileage

I don't know that this means anything.

But here are some senseless stats

6 out of 8 Football Programs in the Sun Belt Conference have more than average traveling.

7 out of 8 Football Programs in the Sun Belt Conference are in the top 50% of most travel for a team. With  Lafayette at #66 out of 118, 59 being middle.

Add in the trip to Hawaii and it appears La Tech has the dubious honor of #1 in frequent flyer miles per the La Tech board:

According to that list, we have the third highest number of road miles. But we also play at Hawaii and the two teams above us don't, so I guess that means we are the official Road Warriors of 2006!

Those are round trip numbers.

FAU travels to Clemson, Kansas State, South Carolina, and Oklahoma State in non-conference in addition to league trips to MTSU, UNT, and ULM.

FIU travels to South Florida, Maryland, Alabama and Miami in non-conference and in conference travels to MTSU, UNT, and FAU. Having two games "away" games in their metro area helps but Miami is a long way from everywhere.

Arkansas State gets clobbered by league play. OOC we play at Memphis (70 miles) at Little Rock (130 miles) at Dallas and at Auburn (only long trip). In conference we go to both FIU and FAU, Troy and ULL.

MTSU goes to Maryland, Oklahoma, and South Carolina in non-conference as well as to Nashville to play Louisville. In Belt play they go to ULL, ULM, ASU, and UNT.

ULM travels to Kansas and Alabama and the shorter trip to Little Rock to play Arkansas in non-conference. In conference they go to ASU, Troy, FIU, and ULL

UNT has one really long non-conference trip to Akron to go with trips to Austin and Tulsa. In league ASU, Troy, ULL, and ULM.

Troy has one really long ooc trip to Nebraska. After that Florida State, UAB and Georgia Tech are all relatively short trips. In conference they get a fairly short trip to MTSU and the two biggies of FIU and FAU but being the closest school to the F-U's isn't so bad.

ULL the Cajuns have three short road trips in non-conference. Houston, Texas A&M and LSU (1,178 miles combined round-trip). In league they get a double dip going to the Miami area twice and to Troy. Grand total of 4706 in league play and that is with drawing the three longest trips they could make in league play.

It will be better if and when we get one trip to Louisana and one trip to Florida each year.  I have never seen anything to indicate why we have the present schedule setup.

Because last year's schedule was a thrown together mess trying to accomodate two schools that were scrambling at the last minute to get a full I-A schedule in place in order to meet I-A requirements.

I've been told that a new rotation starts next season and no one will go to both FIU and FAU in the same year and only one team goes to Louisiana twice in a year.