ULM Warhawk

NT91

Not bad but it seems a bit too busy like Troy's new logo. But there is plenty of time to work it out to what they will use for their uni's and such. Overall I like it other than the fact that they were forced to do this by the idiots over at the NCAA office.

I want everyone to pay attention to ULM this year and see how quickly they get their new logos out into the stores and onto their uni's.

FFR shaking head! dry.gif

Rick

I always thought that the "red shoulder" or "red tail" Hawk would have made a more appropriate mascot for UNT since they are indigenous to the North Texas area.

Warhawk? Can you imagine what those people who changed our mascot's name from Scrappy to "Eppy" would have thought about this?

BTW, thanks again to those who "righted" that great wrong done to our mascot (changing it's name back to "Scrappy" after being given the effeminate name Eppy).

Edited by SilverEagle

I want everyone to pay attention to ULM this year and see how quickly they get their new logos out into the stores and onto their uni's.

I'm confused by this....I see more NT hats in hat stores than I ever did before the logo change....not tons of one kind of hat, either...most hat stores have 5+ different styles to choose from (which, to me, is a lot). I rarely buy t-shirts or the like, so I can't comment on the availability of that kind of merchandise....but it just seems that we are doing better than we did before. Maybe I just live in a target area?...are you not seeing the same thing with hats? If you do, what more are you expecting?

That said, what is the story on our unis still not being the new shade of green? Will they ever be?...how did the AD get around this? Is the new shade being dropped? Most of the hats that I've seen in stores use the new logo, but the old colors. Did someone make an executive decision that the new color was too hard to match and dropped it?

I'm confused by this....I see more NT hats in hat stores than I ever did before the logo change....not tons of one kind of hat, either...most hat stores have 5+ different styles to choose from (which, to me, is a lot).  I rarely buy t-shirts or the like, so I can't comment on the availability of that kind of merchandise....but it just seems that we are doing better than we did before.  Maybe I just live in a target area?...are you not seeing the same thing with hats?  If you do, what more are you expecting?

That said, what is the story on our unis still not being the new shade of green?  Will they ever be?...how did the AD get around this?  Is the new shade being dropped?  Most of the hats that I've seen in stores use the new logo, but the old colors.  Did someone make an executive decision that the new color was too hard to match and dropped it?

You are only now seeing some hats in stores. Over two years after the decision to change to a new logo started to affect current licensee's, and over a year after they were officially released. And it's getting better, but not much better. Better for the most part if you live in Denton. I know Hat World/Lids stores has some of the new logos. But where's the campaign metroplex wide? Why are many of the uni's on our athletic teams still using old stuff? And as you said above in bold writting, where are the new colors?

A quick search of our "official" website for our uni's speaks for itself:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I'm not saying we will "NEVER" get the change done. I'm just predicting that it won't take ULM as long to get it done. I'm also willing to wager that it won't take too long for SilverEagle to walk into his local WalMart and find some of ULM's new gear here in the metroplex before he see's some for his own schools' gear. It's already happened with Texas State. No reason to believe it won't happen with ULM too.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

I would also like to add one point that I didn't mention above and that is the fact that not all of our unis falling in line with the new branding isn't entirely the AD dept's fault. The university didn't even give them the go ahead on which logo they could market for the upcoming season until late May of '05. Which was much too late to get the new marks on most fall uni's, and made it that much more tough for promotion.

Rick

Dang...I didn't even think about the spring sports teams unis.....it is terrible that the women's softball team is still using the old logo over a year after it was released.

You would think that this would have been ironed out by the Fall '06 school year, but the fact that the football team will still be using the old colors casts a pretty large shadow of doubt.

You are right, this is embarrassing.

Dang...I didn't even think about the spring sports teams unis.....it is terrible that the women's softball team is still using the old logo over a year after it was released.

You would think that this would have been ironed out by the Fall '06 school year, but the fact that the football team will still be using the old colors casts a pretty large shadow of doubt.

You are right, this is embarrassing.

If you want to know the biggest source of the problem, go out to the internet and try to find athletic equipment in kelly green. Try to find helmets, warm-up suits, t-shirts, jerseys (pick a sport)or any other accessory in that color. I managed to find one company that carries kelly green helmets, but that is the only item they carried in that color - no other uniform pieces.

Edited by GreenTiger

If you want to know the biggest source of the problem, go out to the internet and try to find athletic equipment in kelly green.  Try to find helmets, warm-up suits, t-shirts, jerseys (pick a sport)or any other accessory in that color.  I managed to find one company that carries kelly green helmets, but that is the only item they carried in that color - no other uniform pieces.

I have to disagree with you on this. And here's a little bit of why.

http://msuspartans.cstv.com/

http://herdzone.cstv.com/#00

<a href='http://www.fightingsioux.com/sports/football/' target='_blank'>http://www.fightingsioux.com/sports/football/ (Watch for scrolling football photo's at the top of this page).

http://uhathletics.hawaii.edu/

I know some equipment is difficult to get in some colors but if these four schools above can get it, not to mention no telling how many countless High Schools nation wide can get it(Azle, Southlake, Arlington High, Lake Worth just to name a few local schools that I can think of) then there is no excuse for NT not to be able to get it as well. And as far as our helmets are concerned Riddell has been servicing our players helmets and they are painted. Riddell painted my firehelmt two years ago to match the teams' helmets. I can't imagine that we couldn't get any custom color done for the helmets.

With regards to fan gear, I know there is a discrepency in what textile mills offer in getting the correct Kelly. We have already seen that countless times. As I have posted here many times before I have spoken to the folks in charge on campus and some companies offer the correct color and some don't. I even have purchased some of these and the correct Kelly is fantastic. Either Russell or Champion does have the correct Kelly green and the other doesn't and both Voertmans and the NT On Campus bookstores are struggling to get that straightened out. The supplyer for the GoMeanGreen.com bowl shirts did not and we ended up with the only light color they had to offer which turned out to be the toothpaste green, but since they were donated for a charity event it was easily overlooked. But I'm very concerned that those on campus, especially organizations like RHA and others are not paying attention to the discrepency. I got a free "UNT" T shirt from Dr. Pohl's office for ordering one of the first 30 new NT collegiate license plates. I truly appreciate the gesture from them and all, but it's absolutely butt ugly and is now in my rag box in the garage.

So there really is no excuse other than it's our fault. The university needs to take the lead in getting it worked out, get on the phone with CLC and get them off their ass and DO what we are paying them for and promote the new logos and do so with textile supplyers who have the correct colors. I guarantee you CLC would be putting a foot up someone's ass if 5,000 toothpaste colored green Michigan State Spartan T shirts showed up an an event or in an order of some kind, so where's the same consideration for North Texas?

For the thousandth and one time: North Texas needs to get out of bed with CLC.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick