UNT vs SMU 1990

I found my copy of the 1990 UNT/SMU game. I sat down and watched it and I was shocked. Between the time that Scott Davis surgically picked apart the 1988 Texas team with his passing and the 1990 SMU game, something terrible went wrong. Scott's passes in the SMU game were mostly lame ducks, and the best pass he could throw was a "dump" to a receiver over the middle.

Can someone fill me in as to what happened to his arm?

Also, I noticed a young WR/Punt returner playing in the game. I believe his name was G Matthews and he was wearing #41.

BTW, what ever happened to the running back named Blowers #20, who was sharing the backfield with Pegram that night?

Talked to Scott in Murfreesboro last September and brought up the time that he laid Texas A&M's Quentin Coryatt out on a scramble up the right side in '90. One of two great hits that day by the Mean Green that stand out in my mind. He said even though it looked as if Coryatt got the worst of that hit, he stated that he(Scott) actually got the worst end of it and it turned out to be the worst hit he ever took in his carreer and that his shoulder, which took the blunt of the hit, was injured and he never got over it. It was his left non throwing shoulder so I'm not sure if that affected him later on or not. I never noticed Scott's accuracy or motion fall off in my oppinion. That night against SMU they gave him running room all night and he certainly took it.

Rick

It was 16 years ago -- Who cares? laugh.gif

Wow... Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com, man. Get ready to read the same 3 stories about stuff that happened (or, ALMOST/SHOULD HAVE happened) decades ago. At least this SMU game is from 1990, when everyone on this board was alive. That's relatively recent history compared to some of the things you're going to read.

Also, to help you get up to speed:

-The University of Texas is not to be supported

-Darrell Dickey is the anti-Christ

-Kansas State and SMU are working together in a vast shadow conspiracy to undermine our athletic program and destroy the charming/slummy history of Fry Street

-UTEP, USF, UCF, Boise State, Texas State, Appalachian State, and the North Dakota School of Hair and Nail Care are all rocketing past us in Division 1-A Football. It's Darrell Dickey's fault, or Lee Jackson's. Depends on which authority you weren't asking, but decided to tell you anyway.

-Whatever you do, DO NOT CRITICIZE Ramon Flanagan. Just don't do it. It may look like he can't organize an attack ON the field, but he can be far more aggressive off of it.

There's a lot more you need to know, but you'll have to pick it up on your own. Just remember: Quinn + Boner = Quoner. It's a mathematical fact.

I found my copy of the 1990 UNT/SMU game. I sat down and watched it and I was shocked. Between the time that Scott Davis surgically picked apart the 1988 Texas team with his passing and the 1990 SMU game, something terrible went wrong. Scott's passes in the SMU game were mostly lame ducks, and the best pass he could throw was a "dump" to a receiver over the middle.

Can someone fill me in as to what happened to his arm?

Also, I noticed a young WR/Punt returner playing in the game. I believe his name was G Matthews and he was wearing #41.

BTW, what ever happened to the running back named Blowers #20, who was sharing the backfield with Pegram that night?

That must have been just an off night for Scott. He had plenty of good passing games later that season.

Robert Blowers was the young man at RB and he and I became good friends during the year... that is until he failed and had some personal problems (which probably contributed to his failing). He's a great guy and still lives in the area.

Wow... Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com, man. Get ready to read the same 3 stories about stuff that happened (or, ALMOST/SHOULD HAVE happened) decades ago. At least this SMU game is from 1990, when everyone on this board was alive. That's relatively recent history compared to some of the things you're going to read.

Also, to help you get up to speed:

-The University of Texas is not to be supported

-Darrell Dickey is the anti-Christ

-Kansas State and SMU are working together in a vast shadow conspiracy to undermine our athletic program and destroy the charming/slummy history of Fry Street

-UTEP, USF, UCF, Boise State, Texas State, Appalachian State, and the North Dakota School of Hair and Nail Care are all rocketing past us in Division 1-A Football. It's Darrell Dickey's fault, or Lee Jackson's. Depends on which authority you weren't asking, but decided to tell you anyway.

-Whatever you do, DO NOT CRITICIZE Ramon Flanagan. Just don't do it. It may look like he can't organize an attack ON the field, but he can be far more aggressive off of it.

There's a lot more you need to know, but you'll have to pick it up on your own. Just remember: Quinn + Boner = Quoner. It's a mathematical fact.

I rather like it here, but thanks for the heads up Tasty Greek. laugh.gif

Talked to Scott in Murfreesboro last September and brought up the time that he laid Texas A&M's Quentin Coryatt out on a scramble up the right side in '90.  One of two great hits that day by the Mean Green that stand out in my mind.  He said even though it looked as if Coryatt got the worst of that hit, he stated that he(Scott) actually got the worst end of it and it turned out to be the worst hit he ever took in his carreer and that his shoulder, which took the blunt of the hit, was injured and he never got over it.  It was his left non throwing shoulder . . . .

If it was his non-throwing shoulder, that would have been his right shoulder. Scott was a southpaw. Not to be picky or anything..... wink.gif

In that SMWHO game, were most of those bad passes in the second half? Maybe his knuckles were sore after the halftime brawl! laugh.gif