http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=366677&cc=5901

I think it's a solid roster but I have one disagreement with it. Twellman as an alternate? I think he's proven that he can be a "danger man" and deserves a shot.

Also, I think the U.S. wins its group. Yeah, I know the Czechs are in their group but nobody has seen a full U.S. roster play together in a while. It's been piece-meal for the last 10 or so friendlies. I think they'll put it together over the next month or so and make a good run.

I agree with Twellman needing a shot, but who do you take out?  The roster is solid...They announced yesterday that Hejduk is out with an injury and I think Albright is in...

Honestly, I'd remove either Josh Wolff or Eddie Johnson. I think Twellman may be a better talent than Wolff and Johnson, for all of his speed and finishing ability, isn't the type of forward to "manufacture" his own goals. He's amazing on the end of somebody else's throughball or cross but I don't think he gets back and challenges to win his own possessions.

Well, Twellman was part of the 4-1 disaster loss to Germany...after that game, Bruce Arena said that nobody played themselves onto the roster. I assume that Twellman took a big hit from that game, regardless of what Arena says now. That, and Eddie Johnson has real WC potential...you need someone, as rokemi pointed out, that is electric and has attitude at striker. I don't know about Brian Ching (haven't seen him much), but I've read that he did well in the qualifier games and is on a hot streak to start the MLS season. I imagine that Arena traded off Twellman for Ching for the sub-par performance against Germany by Twellman and the hot start by Ching....at least that's what makes sense to me.