I refuse to support the Cowboys as long as a player like TO is playing for them. There are greater things than winning. I would have loved to see the owners take a stand for whats right and show all the over egoed idiots in the NFL that crap like TOs will not be tolerated and no one sign him. Long live the Panthers!

If we were talking college football, and we were pretending that DD was building character of his players, then I would be against T.O. signing. However, this is a billion dollar industry, with a limited time for most players to win a Super Bowl, and I think it would be careless of an NFL owner not to at least look at the positives and negatives of signing someone like T.O. I'm not a fan of his, but as a mild supporter of the Cowboys, I would not mind some more playoff victories (since its been like 9 years). If it doesn't work out, its not like the Cowboys image will suffer long term.

I hear alot of talk that this now pushes a mediocre cowboy team to a playoff cowboy team. HOW?!?! As I recall, the WR were our strength last year.

Signing T.O. doesn't answer our needs for a solid O-line... or, a lack in pass rush. Or our horendous/porous secondary.

We have so many unanswered needs right now that I don't know how strengthening our WR will all of the sudden be the answer when it never was the problem.

I hear alot of talk that this now pushes a mediocre cowboy team to a playoff cowboy team.  HOW?!?!  As I recall, the WR were our strength last year. 

Signing T.O. doesn't answer our needs for a solid O-line... or, a lack in pass rush.  Or our horendous/porous secondary. 

We have so many unanswered needs right now that I don't know how strengthening our WR will all of the sudden be the answer when it never was the problem.

Speaking of problems on the O-line, we lost Larry Allen. He just signed a 2-year deal with the Washington Redskins (I think).

Speaking of problems on the O-line, we lost Larry Allen. He just signed a 2-year deal with the Washington Redskins (I think).

49ers

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2381799

Not surprising with Parcells:

The 49ers aren't just bringing in Allen, though, to serve as a mentor to its young linemen. The 49ers lacked inside toughness and strength in 2005 and Allen, even at this late stage of his career, figures to be the team's best drive-blocker in the running game. One element to be watched is Allen's weight, which has been a frequent problem in past seasons, and a point of contention between him and coach Bill Parcells.

Allen is a huge blocker with great girth and, while his weight has been listed at a conservative 325 pounds for the last several seasons, suspicions are that it might actually be 40-50 pounds more than that. Still, at this year's Pro Bowl, the 12-year veteran demonstrated his sheer power, as he captured the strongest man competition, based on how many times he was able to bench press 225 pounds. Early in his career, Allen was so dominant that even some of the NFL's toughest defensive linemen hated playing against him.

Edited by Quoner

Larry Allen's been a guy riding reputation alone the last 3 or 4 years. Unless all he had to do was lean forward and fall on somebody, he really hasn't been getting it done. Couple that with the fact that he's been (one of?) THE highest paid OL in the league, it's not surprising he was let go. About time, IMO.