Curtis Muse

Buford_Julep

Curtis Muse was named to the Region 16 All-Star team, but some Region 16 fans are not convinced he is a good player.

Here is one thread from the Region 16 message board:

4everRaiders3

user profile

Post #475 Region 16 All-Region Team. Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mineral with 5 All-Region team? TRCC with 3. Moberly with 1 and Mineral Area with 1. That is kind of lopsided.

Posted on 2/27 3:08 PM | IP: Logged

Stagman12

user profile

Post #33 Re: Region 16 All-Region Team. Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You put that on here but are not going to tell who they are ???

Posted on 2/27 3:32 PM | IP: Logged

marcus_aurelius

user profile

Linn Creek, MO.

Post #1135 Re: Region 16 All-Region Team. Reply

I think I'd bump Muse and replace him with McLawhorn. Other than that, it looks about right....

Posted on 2/27 4:00 PM | IP: Logged

cardsvoice

user profile

Post #25 Re: Region 16 All-Region Team. Reply

Team consists of Tyrone Brazelton of West Plains-Player of the year along with MAC's Tony Webb, T.J.Britton, Willie Hassell, Daryl Butterfield, and Curtis Muse. Also on the team are Dominitrix Johnson, Abayomi Ajasin, and Jermaine Dailey of Three Rivers and Moberly's B.J. Benning.

Posted on 2/27 4:12 PM | IP: Logged

O_T_B

user profile

Post #626 Re: Region 16 All-Region Team. Reply

Here's the link (provided by webmaster)...

Link: all-region team

Posted on 2/27 4:32 PM | IP: Logged

BiggDog

user profile

Moberly

Post #749 Re: Region 16 All-Region Team. Reply

I think maybe I could make a case for Marlon Jackson instead of Willie Hassell. In the two categories that they are both in the top 10 of the region Marlon is ranked ahead of Willie. They each are listed in a category where the other is not. Just the opinion of a guy that obviously sees flaws in how this region is run in more ways than just this.

Posted on 2/27 6:49 PM | IP: Logged

who65270

user profile

Post #269 Re: Region 16 All-Region Team. Reply

Yeah make that two votes for marlon

Posted on 2/27 7:12 PM | IP: Logged

oldroundballer

user profile

MoSports.com

Post #396 Re: Region 16 All-Region Team. Reply

The only MAC player I'd question is Muse. I'm not sure how you pick him over any of 3-4 other MAC players. Several of them contributed equally I thought. That's what makes the team pretty good. The other 4 were key contributors on an undefeated Region 16 team. They're all easy picks in my mind. I'm not sure how 3R gets 3 and WP only 1 since WP did wind up ahead of the 3R. That doesn't seem to make sense. Johnson is obviously a lock but after him I don't know. Glad I didn't have to vote.

Good luck to all teams and players the next couple of weeks. Whoever pulls this out will have earned it. Hopefully they can go beat Belleville or whoever and represent Region 16 in Hutch. I'll be pulling for them. Hopefully that's Coach Tate and the Cards!

Posted on 2/27 8:18 PM | IP: Logged

3Rfan

user profile

Post #6487 Re: Region 16 All-Region Team. Reply

Willie comes up big in big games, as he did against 3R. He was 6 fo 6 from 3 in that game and helped MAC pull away in the second half.

Posted on 2/27 8:23 PM | IP: Logged

Drewfan5

user profile

Post #142 Re: Region 16 All-Region Team. Reply

Id definately not put Marlon ahead of Willie, but possibly ahead of Muse. Muse played a key role on the top region team and thats obvilously why he got the nod. Thats a tough call, but give me Willie on the all region team anytime.

Posted on 2/27 8:52 PM | IP: Logged

Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top of Board

One more thread:

Buford_Julep

user profile

Denton, Texas

TexasHoops.com

Post #52 How is Muse doing? Edit | Reply

Does he look like a legitimate Division I player?

Is it true he is not in the starting line-up?

Posted on 2/24 7:39 AM | IP: Logged

I1themasters

user profile

Post #45 Re: How is Muse doing? Reply

Muse has been a mystery to me for two years. He appears to have the tools to be a great player, but he just never does anything for me as a fan. He plays a couple of minutes here and a couple of minutes there. I personally think he will be a flop at the Division 1 level, but like I said, he hasn't played enough for me to really see what he is capable of. He is not a starter on this year's Mac team. He just doesn't fit the style of play we have here.

Posted on 2/24 12:47 PM | IP: Logged

mike37

user profile

Post #352 Re: How is Muse doing? Reply

He has all the tools. The question is does he have the drive or intensity to make a good player. I think he will do well at the next level if he can get enough minutes.

Posted on 2/24 1:43 PM | IP: Logged

elfbox

user profile

Post #483 Re: How is Muse doing? Reply

I am pretty sure he started against Meramec on Wednesday. He got quite a few minutes, had a couple of slams. But I agree he doesn't seem to utilize his size and mobility they way you'd like to see.

This post was edited on 2/24 2:49 PM by elfbox

Posted on 2/24 2:31 PM | IP: Logged

Stagman12

user profile

Post #31 Re: How is Muse doing? Reply

Butterfield being out is where his start came from. He very much lacks drive to play hard for the whole game, and agree that a D-1 coach wont put up with that for very long...

don't you think there shouldn't be this much mystery to a player when it comes to bringing in a juco transfer? I would think more things would clear up about a player who has two extra years of playing. If they are still such a mystery, would you want to risk wasting a scholy on such a guy?!