Would it be wrong for me to wear orange?

AustinTalon

I'm a big Mean Green fan down here in the live music capitol of the world and have been employed for over four years at a certain state university just three blocks north of the capitol. In two weeks, I will start my very first graduate class at this same institution.

With all this Rose Bowl hoopla, e-mails are going around the office saying it would be okie-dokie to wear burnt orange tomorrow.

The Mean Green fan I am, I don't have a t.u. shirt. Heck, I've returned a shirt because it too closely resembled burnt orange. Is it time I buy one? Am I becoming a Longhorn?

only if you continue to wear orange if the longhorns get beat on Wednesday...

if its your school, support it.

I will always wear my green. NT is my first love and will always take precedence over all others, but I would/will support whatever graduate school I received a degree from as well.

Your real challenge comes September. If it were me, I'd be in green. Its easy to wear orange!

You are still a big Mean Green fan, but I honestly don't see a problem with supporting another school especially if you work/attend the school. I plan on attending graduate school at another university somewhere in this state, and plan on supporting that school when I am there. But deep down I will still always root for the Mean Green, where ever life takes me. cool.gif

Hook this. dry.gif

laugh.gif

That said, there are plenty of profs and other employees on campus at NT that didn't go to NT. Would you want them wearing their Oklahoma, Texas, or Joe Blow University crap on campus on a day when NT is in a bowl game? I wouldn't.

Now, on a certain day next September, it will be a different story. Besides, green will match nicely with the brown paper bags we may have to wear to that game.

Guest JohnDenver

Here is my take... it is less militant.

I have tons of friends that I bring to UNT games that are in NO way attached to UNT. They always wear UNT gear (or at least green) on game day. If they aren't wearing green, I alway offer one of my many shirts or jerseys. They without exception accept my offer. I greatly appreciate it... I think it shows respect.

If I were watching the game tonight with friends and coworkers, I wouldn't have a problem setting aside my disdain for the 60 million dollar evil empire and sporting an orange shirt. It wouldn't sit well and I would change back to a green shirt afterwards ... but there really isn't a problem with it.

Now, does this mean you are becoming a longhorn? Perhaps. There are worse things (A&M), but there are also better things (Mean Green). I can't really weight in on that. I went to to UT for a year as an undergrad ... I never allign myself with the orange.