Beat Tulsa 67 UNT 61 Tulsa.

Guest UNTMike81*

Wow that was quick.  I was coming on to post that.  It was a thrilling game and a great effort from Simpson, KD, Sheldon's brother (just kidding Quincy), Brown, pretty much all the players that played came in and made some big moves.

This is certainly the biggest win since JJ came on and cannot think of a bigger one during the "Trilli years". Way to go GREEN!!

Guest UNTMike81*

Guys, Tulsa is sagarin rated #221 and 3-7 in 1a games.  A good win but one that NT should have won. 

Anyone know what is up with Hines not on the court at the end with the game on line.  Zero points and rebounds in 19 minutes of play.  Hopefully, this game is a sign of things to come from Quincy Williams.

To the average fan or other wise Tulsa is known for their Basketball. Not, Duke...but people will take notice when this is in the DMN and FSTGM.

To the average fan or other wise Tulsa is known for their Basketball. Not, Duke...but people will take notice when this is in the DMN and FSTGM.

That is correct - everybody is raving about this victory not because of the quality of the team, but more due to the name recognition that beating Tulsa gives us. Baby steps.

Nice to get a great win over a non-belt (or below the belt) team. It's been a long time coming. This is a pretty damn good team, and although I'm not ruling out us making some serious noise this year, next year's team could be something special. AZ state and Wilmington are the only teams that have outplayed us this year. Keep improving and a tourney bid ain't out of the question. Great job guys!

Ruffin pretty much stays on the bench until game is out of hand (for the opponent of course). When he does come onto the court, I think he handles himself very well and shows that he has some talent. He just has a lot of talent in front of him in Lionel Brown and Isaac Hines.

Ruffin pretty much stays on the bench until game is out of hand (for the opponent of course).  When he does come onto the court, I think he handles himself very well and shows that he has some talent.  He just has a lot of talent in front of him in Lionel Brown and Isaac Hines.

I've only listened to them on radio, but if they have two "points" better then Ruffin, they're in really good shape. Maybe we'll get to see what he can do before the season is over.

Jared Ruffin looks like a Div I player to me. He goes all out every day in practice and looks like he belongs out there. My feeling is he would have been the back-up point guard last season if he had been eligible to play. I am a fan of Jared and feel like he can do a better job than some of the others NT has put at the point in recent years.

This season, as long as Hines and Brown are ready to play, there doesn't appear to be much of a chance of Jared getting into the game. Even if one of those guys go down, coach Jones might use Sturns or Davis at the point.