Noel Devine

Cooley

Are you kidding me? Sweet pancakes, this kid is good. He's agile, he's fast, he's got great vision, he's got great balance, he's got the stop/starts of Barry Sanders and he breaks tackles very, very well. I mean, if his team is that much better than the rest, that would account for some of his success, but judging from the tape, this kid could wreak havoc on some college defenses as well.

As for the opposition- that first man needs to learn to stop arm tackling and wrap the guy up.

And the team they showed highlights from for the first minutes.......WOW, I bet they got blown the F out.

Edited by meangreendork

Rudy Posted Today, 03:43 AM

Well who is recruiting him, and why the hell aren't we?

Why didn't we recruit Adrian Peterson??

Because there is no chance he will come to North Texas. I don't think coaches waste their time and effort recruiting players that have never heard nor care where their University is.

I know this kid moved to live with Deion Sanders briefly in Prosper and that is close to Denton, but do you really think Deion is trying to sell North Texas football? Something tells me...probably not!

Zeke Posted Today, 11:56 AM

According to Dickey we did indeed contact Peterson

I bet that was a rather short conversation.

My point...Unless you are Oklahoma, Florida State, USC, Texas, etc...you don't necessarily recruit every top player in the country. You know your place in NCAA football and you spend your time and effort recruting efficiently. It would be a waste to spend recruting effort going after players that have no interest in your program.

I'm not trying to down North Texas, just saying you must spend recruiting time and money EFFICIENTLY!!

According to Dickey we did indeed contact Peterson.

yeah, it went something like this:

"you probably wont want to play here because alot of big schools will want you. Plus we have a really tough situation here. Our fans dont help much. But if you did play here you wouldnt have to worry about me coming down to hard on you if you did do something stupid-- im not in to discipline. I'll just pat you on the butt as to say, 'maybe next time the refs wont see it'"

and for the record, there were really only 2 schools AD was considering...

I saw some good running, but I also saw some REALLY poor defense. Lota grabbing, some hitting, but very little "put your arms around the guy's waist and drag him to the ground" fundementals.

Granted this is a recruiting film so whoever put this together for Noel is not going to put any of the plays in there where he cut back, slipped and fell for a 10 yard loss, or someone hitting him and he crumples to the ground in a heep.

Edited by gksmith

Because there is no chance he will come to North Texas.  I don't think coaches waste their time and effort recruiting players that have never heard nor care where their University is.

Although you are probably right, it still is a piss poor excuse. I mean, I know that there is no chance I'll get that Hooters girl to give me her number, but Im still going to try. rolleyes.gif

Rudy,

Assuming you are an average to below average looking guy and tonight is your last chance to get a Hooters girl's number...

Do you spend the night working on the 6' tall, BIG breasted, most beautiful blonde Goddess you have ever seen, or do you work on the nice looking, girl next door type that most people don't seem to notice. While everyone would love to get the blonde Goddess, most of us would spend our time working on option #2 because the chances of success would be much higher.

Am I wrong about that?? and be honest!! (remember...it's your last night to score)

Because there is no chance he will come to North Texas. I don't think coaches waste their time and effort recruiting players that have never heard nor care where their University is.

Actually, in Jamario's freshman year there was an article on the two freshman running backs from Texas. The asked Peterson if he had been contacted by UNT, and he indicated yes. In the article DD indicated he had received a postcard from Peterson that basically indicated "thanks, but no thanks."

So DD did "waste" his time contacting Peterson.

Rudy, to answer your original question about who is recruiting him and why the hell aren't we...

I read an article and Devine says Florida State, Miami-FL, Michigan, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, and Rutgers have contacted him very often and many others have made contact. I guess North Texas doesn't like their chances recruiting Florida kids when Miami and Florida State are in the mix. If a top recruit narrows his list down to Miami-FL and North Texas, I don't like our chances.

In the article, Devine mentions he has liked Miami since he was a kid. I'd be shocked if he ends up anywhere other than Miami or Florida State.

Rudy,

Assuming you are an average to below average looking guy and tonight is your last chance to get a Hooters girl's number...

Do you spend the night working on the 6' tall, BIG breasted, most beautiful blonde Goddess you have ever seen, or do you work on the nice looking, girl next door type that most people don't seem to notice.  While everyone would love to get the blonde Goddess, most of us would spend our time working on option #2 because the chances of success would be much higher.

Am I wrong about that??  and be honest!!  (remember...it's your last night to score)

Actually I hit on the girl next door in a very polite and chivalrous manner well within earshot of the blonde goddess so as to exhibit what a nice guy I am. Then, after I have the girl next door's number, I come back the next week and work on the blonde. But that's just me. biggrin.gif