Six Games for just $30!

This package includes the following games:

Men's Basketball vs. Angelo State - Monday, Dec. 19 at 7 pm

Women's Basketball vs. UC-Irvine - Tuesday, Dec. 20 at 7 pm

Men's Basketball vs. Houston - Friday, Dec. 23 at 1 pm

Men's Basketball vs. UT-Permian Basin - Wednesday, Dec. 28 at 7 pm

Men's Basketball vs. Stephen F. Austin - Friday, Dec. 30 at 7 pm

Women's Basketball vs. Northwestern State, Saturday, Dec. 31 at 2 pm

I received this notification via email but had to search for it on the website. This doesn't make me feel like they are trying to promote this through the most effective channels. The only reason I received it is because I requested the email updates. If I hadn't, I don't think I would have ever known about this.

I received this notification via email but had to search for it on the website.  This doesn't make me feel like they are trying to promote this through the most effective channels.  The only reason I received it is because I requested the email updates.  If I hadn't, I don't think I would have ever known about this.

It comes up as a pop-up when you go to the athletics website, unless you have a pop-up blocker.

A holiday wish.

I wish the Athletic Department would bite the bullet and mail 4 tickets to the Houston basketball game to every person that purchased season tickets for football this year.

It would be a nice holiday gift, and a token of appreciation to the people that have made a financial investment in supporting North Texas.

It would give our target customers (let's face facts, they already buy our other products) exposure to something that they may be interested in additionally purchasing in the future. It would be a promotional sample.

It would help generate excitement for the remainder of the season if we were able to bring in a large group of loyal fans for a rare home game against a nationally ranked regional opponent.

A good crowd would make a positive statement about our basketball support to the Houston fans who will be in town for the Fort Worth Bowl, and for the CUSA representatives that will also be present. Rarely is our basketball facility and fan support viewed by so many outsiders.

Let's face facts. Without proper promotion, attendance at this previously unscheduled home game which is 1:00 on a Friday two days before Christmas could be an embarrassment. We have an opportunity, I wish we'd make the most of it.

A holiday wish.

I wish the Athletic Department would bite the bullet and mail 4 tickets to the Houston basketball game to every person that purchased season tickets for football this year.

It would be a nice holiday gift, and a token of appreciation to the people that have made a financial investment in supporting North Texas.

It would give our target customers (let's face facts, they already buy our other products) exposure to something that they may be interested in additionally purchasing in the future. It would be a promotional sample.

It would help generate excitement for the remainder of the season if we were able to bring in a large group of loyal fans for a rare home game against a nationally ranked regional opponent.

A good crowd would make a positive statement about our basketball support to the Houston fans who will be in town for the Fort Worth Bowl, and for the CUSA representatives that will also be present. Rarely is our basketball facility and fan support viewed by so many outsiders.

Let's face facts. Without proper promotion, attendance at this previously unscheduled home game which is 1:00 on a Friday two days before Christmas could be an embarrassment. We have an opportunity, I wish we'd make the most of it.

Great points Adler. I had suggested groups of 4 or more half price, either way something should be done to make us have a good showing in front of a near top 25 team.

One bit on promotions: if they don't promote it, it isn't a promotion.

Great points Adler. I had suggested groups of 4 or more half price, either way something should be done to make us have a good showing in front of a near top 25 team. 

One bit on promotions: if they don't promote it, it isn't a promotion.

I don't think a discounted price on tickets will have any effect. Everyone has a million other things to do in the last couple of days preceding Christmas. Unless they receive free tickets and an invitation, I seriously doubt they'll attend.

We have a great opportunity with a nationally known, nationally ranked opponent. The Cougars have a famous coach, and they should be bringing quite a few of their own fans because of the bowl game.

Why not mail these tickets to arrive TUESDAY. If fans haven't already bought the "holiday package", then they're certainly not going to buy it after a game has been played.

Oh, one more tiny reason that we may want to put a tiny bit of effort into generating a crowd for this game. ESPN has scheduled a crew to cover the game. I don't think the game's being televised anywhere, but they'll be providing some coverage of the resurgent Houston Cougars. Several metroplex news stations will also have crews present for this game.

Without proper promotions, this late addition game could be a horrendously sad display. The students are gone for the holidays. There should be several hundred Houston fans that have come up for the bowl along with a couple hundred North Texas season ticket holders that were in town for the holidays, didn't have other plans or obligations, and didn't have to work on Friday.

This game was Houston's to schedule.

Their fans will be in the metroplex on Friday for Saturday's Fort Worth Bowl, and there are Cougar Club parties planned for Friday night in Fort Worth.

There was probably very little room for moving the game around.

Now it's up to our athletic department to make the most out of the situation.

The impression made from this game could either be a big positive or a big negative.

A holiday wish.

Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail.

oh well, go mean green