Question

shaft

i'll give you the 40 point argument...but when the season is boiled down, and you look at wins and losses, all most people will remember is your record, not how many points you lost by.

have you ever played football??? if so what do you remember the fact that you lost to your across town rival 31-30...of the team from South Texas in the playoffs 31-3. All people remember is that they won or lost.

And as for the particle of success, of the teams i listed above we were the only one that has won 4 consecutive conference championships...NOW!!! the argument is that we play in the weakest conference in CF, and we do, but it is the only conference we are in...that makes it the only one we can win....4 TIMES IN A ROW. I would trade places with any of those teams...but we cant. we are who we are, a mid level program who in spite of recent (VERY RECENT) success, is simply imploding around ourselves. And to be very honest with you, at present time we will not be any where close to any of the afore mentioned teams (MEMPHIS EXCLUDED--MAYBE), until we star acting like one, and that means winning yes, and that means playing somewhere that gives everyone a sense of PRIDE, and to be very frank playing in front of large groups of FANS...one a consistent basis.

Just a quick breakdown of some of the team i mentioned earlier...

OK ST 15 Montana St 10---a win, bet there real proud in stillwater

OK ST 0 Colorado 34---not 40 pts youre right

OK ST 23 A&M 62--again not 40 points, got me on that one too

OK ST 10 ISU 37--Cowboy Pride shines through...fire the coach fire the coach

LOUISVILLE 14 S FL 45--Nice showing for the BIG EAST, must have reloaded after the game

MEMPHIS 17 C FL 38--will the Tigers go down as the team that snapped the Nations longest conference winning streak. looks like some reloaded????

Are we really to the point as a program that we can say win the conference or your out? 

Given the conference we're in....YES. However, getting rid of DD does not assure us that we can find another coach to do any better. At least DD has a proven track record. I just wish we could see continuous improvement from one year to the next without having to take these giant steps backwards.

i'll give you the 40 point argument...but when the season is boiled down, and you look at wins and losses, all most people will remember is your record, not how many points you lost by.

have you ever played football???  if so what do you remember the fact that you lost to your across town rival 31-30...of the team from South Texas in the playoffs 31-3.  All people remember is that they won or lost. 

And as for the particle of success, of the teams i listed above we were the only one that has won 4 consecutive conference championships...NOW!!!  the argument is that we play in the weakest conference in CF, and we do, but it is the only conference we are in...that makes it the only one we can win....4 TIMES IN A ROW.  I would trade places with any of those teams...but we cant.  we are who we are, a mid level program who in spite of recent (VERY RECENT) success, is simply imploding around ourselves.  And to be very honest with you, at present time we will not be any where close to any of the afore mentioned teams (MEMPHIS EXCLUDED--MAYBE), until we star acting like one, and that means winning yes, and that means playing somewhere that gives everyone a sense of PRIDE, and to be very frank playing in front of large groups of FANS...one a consistent basis.

Just a quick breakdown of some of the team i mentioned earlier...

OK ST 15  Montana St 10---a win, bet there real proud in stillwater

OK ST 0    Colorado 34---not 40 pts youre right

OK ST 23  A&M  62--again not 40 points, got me on that one too

OK ST 10  ISU  37--Cowboy Pride shines through...fire the coach fire the coach

LOUISVILLE  14  S FL 45--Nice showing for the BIG EAST, must have reloaded after the game

MEMPHIS  17  C FL  38--will the Tigers go down as the team that snapped the Nations longest conference winning streak.  looks like some reloaded????

Wow, this was hard to read and even harder to decipher.

I guess the point here is that Ok. St. is struggling terribly - yet their games are still closer than ours? Against 3 teams that would destroy us and a I-AA school? Why did you omit their other 2 wins against FAU (23-3) and Arkansas St. (20-10)? I'm just trying to see the point of this?

Louisville did lose a game to USF, and even WVU - and how is this a bad showing for the Big East? It proved their league had more depth than everyone gave them credit for (but they still suck.)

Memphis and Central Florida - I cannot even understand what you mean here. UCF beat them and sucked last year, but UCF is tied for first this year. They've beaten Memphis, Marshall, ULLAF & Tulane - that's like a decade's worth of New Orleans Bowl cred.

As for playing football, I played in both blowouts and close games - and there is a difference. I am not claiming any expertise from this experience, but I played small Texas high school football and played both sides of the line. I was taken out for a breather during a long series and to fix a helmet problem and watched them run off tackle right where I had been for a touchdown in what turned out to be a one point game. I still randomly flashback to that game - I cannot speak for all, but I have other interviews where former players lament a close play or something that could have been changed.

Not football, but do you think Brad Lidge will remember game 2 as just another loss 10 years from now?

If I have misconstrued any of your points please let me know. I am not trying to be a jerk since I am a new guy here but just do not understand your points.

I think everypne that is ticked off at DD is b/c of the way we lose.

After 6 games it is getting very old.  mad.gif

Yes. Above all, that bothers me the most. It's one thing to lose, get blown and know that you could've done more and done better. It's something else to know that you left it all on the field and tried with all you had to win.

The same kind of feeling applies to fans, too. If Dickey goes and coahes his ass off this weekend and loses by a million points, that's easily commendable. If he tries everything in the book, yells and screams...then he has my appreciation and support.

But if he keeps calling draw plays on 3rd and 10+...and doesn't coach to win, then I don't know what to say.