La Tech....ranks 30th in rushing defense.

FirefightnRick

The Bulldogs are only giving up 116 yards a game on the ground. We average 111.

The Bulldogs are however 89th in pass defense giving up 251.8 yards per game in the air. So there you are, they have a weakness which we can take advantage of! dry.gif

And just in case your wondering what the highest spread in a game could ever go up to, LSU is ranked 3rd in the nation in rushing defense, allowing only 69.8 yards a game. This includes games against Arizona St, Tennessee, Miss St, Vanderbilt and Florida.

Rick

We are due a game where both the offense and the defense put it together. Maybe this begins for both in Ruston.

If Jamario Thomas can get over his season-long hammy', he is due for a break-out game and we all know what a healthy Jamario can do; hellsbells, the whole nation knows what a healthy Jamario Thomas can do. Somehow, Sir Patrick Cobbs will get his 100+ yards against La Tech.

Our offense needs to do some some quick hit passes to our tight ends and some slant passes; some might call some of this quick hit stuff from the west coast playbook.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

As far as their Rush Defense numbers go, look who they have played.

The 11 yards Hawaii put up kind of skewes the numbers. They did however stop up Kansas pretty goog, but Florida and Nevada ran all over them.

Guest JohnDenver

Oh come on Rick!

DRC is reporting the RF/DD are going to lean on Meager more this game. They will come around and open this bad boy up ... wink.gif

Oh. Sorry. The meth is still wearing off from my binge lastnight. Maybe RF/DD will call 4 more pass plays this game? Get it up to 19 passes?

We can only dream.

I honestly don't think it would matter if we were playing a defense that surrendered a per-game average of 20 yards rushing and 700 yards passing.

Even if we had Matt Leinart as QB, we're still going to run the ball 90% of the plays. We're committed to the run because that's Dickey ball!!!

I checked the line today on the game and bout fell out of my chair....they have La Tech favored by 19!

La Tech may very well win this game and tie our football series at 5 wins for each school, but NORTH TEXAS will always have the upside when comparing the 2 schools and its programs. There are just some things that are no-brainers and that is one of them. La Tech has always been about smoke and mirrors and they are the masters of the "one hit wonder." They've had some big victories over a few Big Boys the last decade, but those have not translated to anything close to what our 4 bowl games have done for us and what I speak of is what we presently have going at our 200 acre Mean Green Athletic Village @ Eagle Point Campus. Last I heard, La Tech was still trying to raise monies to get some pre-owned astro-turf out of a warehouse so they could put it down at their football stadium. I don't think they've been successful in that venture.

Yet one of the most amazing thing to me with all this is how we are getting such schools on our football schedule after our veteran Mean Green team have all graduated. Well, they say these things all balance out in the long run. smile.gif

GMG!