How do you like the Green Brigade unis?

GreenBrigadeDebbie

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I like black and green, and they seemed to have a modern look, but my 11-year old says they are too dark.

Now let me comment on the dancers. Loved the 'cheerleader' outfits with the silver but not the pea green lingerie. Well, anyway they look great in anything!

Unis look awesome... I wore the white circa 1994 unis when I was in the band, and both the previous uniform and the brand new one were MASSIVE improvements over that...

Looks great guys!

...I did notice some MAJOR phasing during the pregame, and the drum line seemed to be setting the tempo rather than the Drum Majors... What happened? Were the Majors in bad places and you couldn't see them? The stand play and halftime was OUTSTANDING, but the pregame was noticiable even to non marching band folks...

for the most part, i loved the new unis. i thought they did look a little too black and not enough green - especially when looking from afar but i'll take that over some of the other choices seen in the past.

my husband thought they were alright but hated the plumes.

The uniforms are OK. Nothing to write home about, but they're not offensive.

What does bother me though is the men and women twirling "rifles." If we are a military academy then that's one thing. But what's the deal with the armed band ?

I also would like to see a pretty girl twirling a baton. I think that says "big time program."

GO MEAN GREEN

Not only are *good* twirlers difficult to come by, it takes a little time to develop a drill around them. If you've got a good flag corp, you don't need a twirler.

The rifles are just "toys" that the flags can play with. It's not indicative of a military band - you want to see military, look at TAMU. Most schools use the rifles now because they have winter rifle twirling competitions. I don't know whether or not NT will participate in those, but they are very difficult to handle, and I have a lot of respect for anyone out there doing a good job (and ours are pretty good)

They've still got the flags, so I don't think it's a problem. Overall, I really enjoyed seeing the band out there facing me (first time season ticket holder and first time on the alumni side). The band sounds fantastic, and their marching has significantly improved since my freshman year. I can appreciate their choice of music, NT being well-known for jazz, but I wish they'd change it up every now and then and choose a secular show. I think that could really get the crowd involved. I know it can get a little too high school if you do too much, but I think an interesting Blues Brothers routine, with some costumes and maybe a little flash, could stay in line with the school and bring some more interest to the audience.

I'm sure you know much more about twirlers than me, but all through my high school career, our marching band had 4. I don't know how good they were, but they always looked great to me. I especially liked it when they twirled firey batons.

As far as A & M, I saw their halftime show last Thursday. Not a rifle in sight. The honor guard contained 2 rifles for the posting of the colors, but not a firearm in the band.

Why doesn't the band twirl trombones, or golf clubs, or a bicycle ? Why does it have to be a rifle, when there is no other reference to militarism ?

As far as the flags, I'm glad that the flag corp now use flags that actually are green or white. For years we used red or gold or purple.

I think I'll print a bumper sticker-Twirl flags, not guns.

GO MEAN GREEN