TULANE: OUT OF CONFERENCE USA

UNT_playmaker

i stayed up tonight watchin late night 24 hour coverage of Katrina, been glued to the television, especially since i am so fascinated by hurricanes, since yall already know that rolleyes.gif

I know this sounds awful, but the more i and others see on t.v. its looks like new orleans will be nothing at all like it used to be, talk tonight is that the death toll is over 10,000, the city is 90% out of commission, and 250,000 from N.O. have taken residence in texas alone

Tulane currently now and in the long term is a displaced college football team if there ever was one, it has no university for students (entirely underwater), no housing for athletes and students, no place to play, practice, or train (superdome where they play, is deemed unsafe, and is currently in the process of being condemened by the govt)...

CUSA needs to if it hasnt already to look for a new permanent member of the CUSA family, UNT is the only and perfect choice, but La Tech might get in for sentimental reasons.

This is a very serious issue that CUSA will need to make very soon, and UNT might just get in on the permanent displacement of TULANE, which looks inevitable.

----Forget CUSA for a while....... accept where we are....... in the Belt and making the Belt better. If things happen in the future then worry about it and take advantage of it. All we need to be doing now is be preparing for the future by building a stadium, improving existing programs such as basketball, add baseball, and win out of conference games in every sport which will help us the future if condidtions change.

----Personally I think there is still a lot of instability in CUSA, the SunBelt, the WAC, and there are I-AA teams that will be wanting to move up. Believe in the old Boy Scout motto---"Be Prepared".

This is a very serious issue that CUSA will need to make very soon, and UNT might just get in on the permanent displacement of TULANE, which looks inevitable.

And while we're at it, maybe they have an experienced QB that we can recruit away from them.

Thanks, but I'd rather go back to 1AA than take Tulane's spot under these circumstances.