Haynes

The Jason

Just wondering if it was just me...but has anyone else been as impressed with Kellen Haynes in the two scrimmages?? I thought some of the passes he made looked great...yet I haven't heard much talk of him on this board. Any thoughts???

I think Haynes looks pretty good. I didnt think Meager or Phillips looked good the other day. I thought Haynes had the best throw of the day, the corner route he threw to Nwige. The guy threw for like 10,000 yards in high school, so obviously he can throw it around a little bit. The Qb situation has me worried.

I think Haynes looks pretty good.  I didnt think Meager or Phillips looked good the other day.  I thought Haynes had the best throw of the day, the corner route he threw to Nwige.  The guy threw for like 10,000 yards in high school, so obviously he can throw it around a little bit.  The Qb situation has me worried.

He was in my football district in 2003 and he can flat out play, reminded me alot of a QB from Flower Mound Marcus, Spencer Stack. This kid can flat out play and I bet that he will in the future.

Turney

Turney, wasn't Stack at North Texas while you were there?  I hope Haynes career turns out better than Stack's did.

I remember Stack and too thought he was at NT. He was talked about quite a bit in HS, but did not much in college. Sort of like LaDarian McClane...

The way I see it since watching the spring practices and game and watching what I have this fall. This is the way I rank our QBs (I know Byerly is ineligable).

1. Byerly - Great arm, very accurate with the potential to develop a deep game. Also keeps defenses honest with the ability to run over everyone past the D-Line.

2. Meager and Phillips - Much like DD I can't decide between these 2 at this point, but a healthy Meager would have won the fall battle hands down. When Phillips settles into the offense he could make a liar out of me.

3. Haynes - Great athletic ability and potential, but his head worries me as does his arm.

4. Ineas - Stay at WR unless the 4 people above you get injured, and even then I would rather have Cullen Mills or Steve Warren.

I will say that I have seen more of the top 3 listed and Ineas than I have of Haynes, but what I did see from his arm strength didn't instill much confidence. I just wish Meager was 100%.

• 11 months later...

Did this kid transfer? He's not on the roster. If so, where? He was an absolute stud in HS. People talk about Kellen's eye-opening passing numbers, but no one mentions that he rushed for 700+ yards his senior year. There was a highlight DVD of Crosby floating around, this kid made defenses look silly.