25 days to go

H-towngreen

We only have 25 days left until camp opens up on Aug. 8? and it seems like we have more questions heading into camp this year than any of the past few years. Here are a few questions that come to mind for me:

1) The qb situation. Is Byerly eligible? Will Meager be healthy by Aug? Can Meager go through a season with getting hurt?

2) Whats going to happen at rb? Will PC and JT be used together or will they just replace one another?

3) With our lb corps being so deep and talented who will step up come fall?

4) Replacing the entire D-front who will fill those positions?

5) Can Branch perform at cb?

6) Who will take over the saftey positions?

7) Gilmore at te or de?

8) Other impact fresh to step up

9) Where's Demario?

I hope that TJ raymond "the big cat" made the grade to be on the field come fall. i hear he had one hell of a spring.

and i thought I heard that lineberry was having some grade trouble but getting it done in the summer? is that right?! if so... how is that going?!

I hope that TJ raymond "the big cat"  made the grade to be on the field come fall. i hear he had one hell of a spring.

and i thought I heard that lineberry was having some grade trouble but getting it done in the summer? is that right?! if so... how is that going?!

PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE...do not start another thread about yet another player who might be ineligible!!!

I think you're right, though. I ran into someone who know's Dylan and he said he might not be eligible. ph34r.gif

I feel very good about the offense. (who doesnt?) The line will be good if Lineberry isnt there. I like what having Jason May back in the fold does for us.

I do have worries about the defensive front four. Workouts will tell a lot. We need Ransome to be a wild man from the DE spot. I still think Chapman is going to be good, but we need a speed guy to pass rush. I believe Isaac Thomas to be the real thing, and the Big Cat will have a huge impact at 320lbs, but who else? (Miller, Pruitt, Stevenson?) I think we have some issues at DL this year that has not been the case in the past. DEPTH...not as great.

Linebacker we are really good. (more speed than size, and that works for me) Monroe, Mendoza, and Graves have good range and speed. Mahan is fast, and Early will be back eventually. Not sure about Holman or Colbert, but both looked good in the spring.

Secondary..the question is not so much at the other corner. Branch looked very good in the spring, and that guy is hitting like he is 6-0. I still wonder about Free safety. With Harrison gone, we need Cotton or the Juco to shine. Both are new to the system at safety.

Oh well, at least we are close enough to the season we can hear the band warming up...

GMG!!!

I, too, think our D-Line might be better than last year. AA was good (drafted by the NY Giants and all), but he wasn't great like a Brandon Kennedy. Also, Michael Pruitt was a bit overrated.

These guys have a chance to develop into a real powerful force.

Also, I cannot wait to see how some of these new faces play. There are so many new faces, even with the Frosh from last year, playing that it seems like a new team altogether. Can't wait...

One LB you forgot about was Travis Thompson who will be in the mix.

Yeah... I almost missed good this guy is until Harry told me at practice one day to just watch him continuous for a few plays. I suggest you guys do the same if you come to any of the 2 a days. He'll definitely show you something.

Also, Michael Pruitt was a bit overrated

OVERrated? I'd say he was underrated. A lot of the interior D-line's success last year was attributed to Evan Cardwell. But, while Cardwell was still a heck of a player, when the opposing O-Line began to bow inwards, I usually saw Pruitt leading the surge. He was a real talent.

I feel very good about the offense. (who doesnt?) The line will be good if Lineberry isnt there. I like what having Jason May back in the fold does for us. 

I do have worries about the defensive front four. Workouts will tell a lot. We need Ransome to be a wild man from the DE spot. I still think Chapman is going to be good, but we need a speed guy to pass rush. I believe Isaac Thomas to be the real thing, and the Big Cat will have a huge impact at 320lbs, but who else? (Miller, Pruitt, Stevenson?) I think we have some issues at DL this year that has not been the case in the past. DEPTH...not as great.

Linebacker we are really good. (more speed than size, and that works for me) Monroe, Mendoza, and Graves have good range and speed. Mahan is fast, and Early will be back eventually. Not sure about Holman or Colbert, but both looked good in the spring.

Secondary..the question is not so much at the other corner. Branch looked very good in the spring, and that guy is hitting like he is 6-0. I still wonder about Free safety. With Harrison gone, we need Cotton or the Juco to shine. Both are new to the system at safety.

Oh well, at least we are close enough to the season we can hear the band warming up...

GMG!!!

I believe Aaron Weathers the safety from Coffeyville CC we signed will fill in the safety position. I thought Alan Harrison would be back.