NT Ladies Disaster

GrandGreen

Lady Mean Green embarrassed by Western Kentucky 91-40. I must be the only one insane enough to listen to this. WKU was up 41 to 15 at half and coasted the second half

WKU did find it necessary to leave their best players in for most of this blowout.

NT in their first year in the Belt along with Denver and FIU were on another level from the rest of the Belt. The rest of the teams were mostly really bad. Well MTSU and WKU have quickly bypassed the Mean Green and most of the others have at least caught up.

Edited by GrandGreen

Ok, I can't resist the need to correct your statement:

NT in their first year in the Belt along with Denver and FIU were on another level from the rest of the Belt. The rest of the teams were mostly really bad. Well MTSU and WKU have quickly bypassed the Mean Green and most of the others have at least caught up.

WKU is one of the top overall women's programs in the nation. Let's consider some facts:

#11 in All-Time Victories (UNT not in top 50)

#32 in winning percentage (UNT not in top 50)

9 Sun Belt Conference Championships (no easy task playing against La Tech most of those years)

8 Sun Belt Conference Tournament Championships

THREE NCAA Final Four appearances(1985, 1986, 1992 Runner up)

15 NCAA appearances, record 17-15.

Being fairly new to the league, you probably were not aware.. but now you are wink.gif

Topper Jeff-Glad to see a Haven poster on the Mean Green Board. UNT will have a good chance to beat the WKU men this Saturday. Come Saturday, the Toppers will be playing their 4th game in 7 days and will likely be a tired team. Also, Denver is in Diddle Thursday night and it promises to be a dog fight. With the double-header scheduled for Saturday, I hope the Super Pit is packed (At least the lower level). I'm excited about the match-up Saturday. I believe we are in store for a great game.

Ok, I can't resist the need to correct your statement:

WKU is one of the top overall women's programs in the nation. Let's consider some facts:

#11 in All-Time Victories (UNT not in top 50)

#32 in winning percentage (UNT not in top 50)

9 Sun Belt Conference Championships (no easy task playing against La Tech most of those years)

8 Sun Belt Conference Tournament Championships

THREE NCAA Final Four appearances(1985, 1986, 1992 Runner up)

15 NCAA appearances, record 17-15.

Being fairly new to the league, you probably were not aware.. but now you are wink.gif

I was not referring to before NT joined the belt. NT has only had five winning years in the last 20 or so. I was referring to when NT joined the Belt and was a better team than most of the Belt. You are right I was not aware of WKU's great historical record, but I can assure you there are few programs that are not historically better programs than NT's.

My question to you is why where WKU's big three players playing all those minutes in a fifty point blowout? Don't really care but it did seem unusual.

Edited by GrandGreen

If you can figure out our coach's substitution patterns.. you're better than most of us in Bowling Green.

Hey Metro, I was talking lady topper ball. I know the men are going to have a tall order in front of them when they come down to Denton. We have a dog fight tonight against Denver here, then to have to go to UNT. Could be bad.

Edited by Topper Jeff