Nowitzki lights up Houston for 53!!

I was listening on the radio (we don't have cable and it was on TNT only), and the sideline guy for 103.3 said that during the timeouts in the overtime, Dirk sat on the end of the bench by himself while the rest of the team huddled up and talked. He said everyone was treating him like he was a pitcher during a no-hitter. He said the only two names discussed were T-Mac (get the ball out of his hands) and Dirk (get the ball in his). The NBA needs more games like that one, it was fun just to listen to. I'm glad that Van Gundy didn't take the air out of the ball like he usually does.

Another broadcast note, they were talking about something during a lull, about Adrian Peterson and Brad Davis said he thought the guy from North Texas should win it (it must have been the Doak they were talking about) and Mark Followill nearly flipped out saying it warmed his heart that Brad Davis was catching the Mean Green fever and thought Jamario Thomas should win. It's just something fun to hear on the Mavs games when Mark pumps up the Mean Green, this time with the help of Brad Davis.

I also had to listen to it on the radio. I caught the last 2 minutes and overtime driving home from work. Wow. The Goodfellas mentioned that Dirk is inching closer and closer to taking that step up to the next level...the same level that Iverson and Garnett stepped up to when they started winning MVP's. blink.gif

Still love the green uni's...I think I want one for Christmas. laugh.gif

Watching the game, fell asleep in my chair during the 3rd and when I woke up with about 1:30 left in overtime Dirk had 53 and had outscored Houston 10 - 0 in the OT. He was having a damn good game at the end of the half but I thought I was hallucinating when I heard his numbers. That is what we need (not always that big) from Dirk in order for this team to be successful. It is good to see that he is growing more comfortable being that first option for the Mavs. The need to keep working the ball through him and helping him get his shots. Nothing but greatness can be gained from it. Case in point, last nights 53 (a new Mavs scoring record). GO MAVS. GO MEAN GREEN