Coaching Speculations

Rudy

DD probably wants to leave NT...but there are no better offers. I would love to say that he would want to stay because he will have TWO top 5 rushers next year in Thomas and Cobbs, but the reality is $$$ and prestige talks louder.

He will be (fortunately) stuck at NT for a few more years...

Wow, I'm away from the computer for the weekend, and somebody spikes the Kool-Aid (or at least Rudy's!) wink.gif

Urban Meyer to NT? More far fetched than I could have dreamed up sober!

Urban Meyer to Washington? Only slightly more believable than him coming here!

Ron Zook to South Carolina under Spurrier?!?!? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifblink.gif

We all need to think clearly and objectively prepare for the day (not in the near future IMHO) that DD gets that call and takes it. We are an emerging mid-major. Emerging mid-majors usually get their head coaches from OC's or DC's from bigger programs, taking the chance to win here and move up the food chain. Take a look at some of the younger, more successful OC's or DC's in the Big 12. They would already have recruiting connections in the area, which would help. Someone along that vein would be a realistic best-case-scenario for us. I'm in Atlanta, so I am clueless on those kinds of details in the Big 12. Sounds like a fun homework assignment for someone!!

OK, so we have seen the rumors of Spurrier going to S Carolina come true.  Whats next for K-State?  They aren't going to a bowl game. What do you think the likelyhood of DD going to K-State?  More money, better facilities, better recruiting (Big 12), and a more dedicated fan base.

Now, if he were to leave, who would you like to see come in, and/or who do you think we could get?  Personally, I would LOVE to see Urban Meyer, the coach from Utah come here.  I know its a long shot, but Utah and NT aren't too different.  Both are mid majors.  Utah just renovated their stadium, we are building a new one.  He has built the Utah program into an awakening power.  I could see Coach Meyer coming in and building on DD's sucess and achievments.  It would require a lot of money, but I think it would be an extremely worthwhile investment.  The location would work in our favor as to many other schools looking for a coach.  Utah and Texas are both hot during the summer, but we don't have the winter weather they have to deal with up there.  Like I said, I know its a longshot, but IF DD were to go elsewhere, and Im not saying he will or that I am hoping he does, Meyer would be the guy I'd want us to pursue.

This is the stupidest thread you've ever started.

DD to K-State two years after they win the B12 and go to a BCS game.

Urban Meyer to NT a year after taking Utah to a BCS game.

He'll turn down Florida, but say yes to UNT.

I guess this proves, that you don't know squat about college football.

3.  How did this thread make 3 pages ?

Threads which allow every nobody to share their most egregiously addle-brained ideas are always big.

Two types of coach will come here (or any mid-major in similar position):

1) Offensive and Defensive coaches from bigger schools looking to make a name as a head coach

2) Once promising or respected head coaches who've lost some of their luster trying to reclaim their status