UNT [Softball] Invite (2/23-25/24)

The softball ladies will try to get back on track this upcoming weekend with six more scheduled games at Lovelace. This is their second straight tournament being played in Denton. The Tracy Beard Classic has taken place in Celina and Melissa the past two years. We've got two games against Texas Tech (7-3) and New Mexico (3-9), and one each against Minnesota (4-3) and SFA (1-7).

Two games a day starting Friday at 4:30 p.m. against New Mexico.

Work and weather kept me away from Lovelace this weekned, but I plan to make the two Tech games on Saturday/Sunday, and the SFA game Sunday as well.

• Upvote 1

Wasn't in a good spot to update much of the weekend, but UNT goes 4-2 on the weekend to climb back to .500 (7-7).

Wins over New Mexico (x2, including an eight-inning Childers no-hitter), Minnesota, and SFA. Two losses to Texas Tech, the game Saturday night should have been a win - the ladies raced out to a 6-0 lead before losing 8-7. That game supposedly set a Lovelace stadium record for attendance, but I went to the game against Tech today and sadly it was about 65-35 in favor of Tech fans.

• Upvote 1