FAU (1/28/24)

Big Z

46 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

@HoosMeanGreenTraveling to a lot of road games is not cheap. How do you fund these multiple trips?

This is a good time to throw out there to take advantage of those travel rewards credit cards and their welcome offers, people. I'm nowhere near rich but with using those Delta, American Airlines, IHG, Choice Hotels, Wyndham, Marriott, and Chase Sapphire cards to pay for all of my expenses and pay it off every month, I haven't had to spend any money on hotels or flights for recent trips to Tulsa, Wichita, Ruston (x2), Houston, or Berkeley.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Exactly 

@HoosMeanGreen her are my questions for you. 

1.  Are you a current student?

2. Do you have a family, married and kids?

3.  Traveling to a lot of road games is not cheap. How do you fund these multiple trips?

4. Do you live in Denton/DFW area?

1.  Yes (mentioned several times since I joined)

2. I have parents & siblings (and my dog)

3. Planned from the moment schedules were announced. My most recent flight was $99 round trip. I worked this past summer, and yes my parents continue to provide 100% of my financial support as a graduate student.

4. See number 1

Why do I feel like someone is going to call my parents? 🤔🤔 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

@HoosMeanGreen

Good on you. I agree with some things have to say. I disagree with your delivery, and coming from me, that's saying something. But we need more fans. So, welcome aboard. 

Also, we don't need snark. As a fan base we are drug through the mud enough as it is. We certainly don't need it happening internally. 

Point taken & thank you! 

🏆

• Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

1.  Yes (mentioned several times since I joined)

2. I have parents & siblings (and my dog)

3. Planned from the moment schedules were announced. My most recent flight was $99 round trip. I worked this past summer, and yes my parents continue to provide 100% of my financial support as a graduate student.

4. See number 1

Why do I feel like someone is going to call my parents? 🤔🤔 

Your parents provide 100% financial support says a lot and confirmed my suspicions. 

Those people you claim aren’t real fans because they don’t attend every game in person is ridiculous. 

I live five hours from DFW, have a family I support and purchase season tickets for football and attend about five basketball games a year. Don’t tell me I am not a fan. I am probably your parent’s age, so I have responsibilities outside of making passing grades like you.  There are many others on here with a busier schedule than me as my kids are just out of high school. Those with younger kids have crazy schedules between homework, school projects, sports, other activities, etc so get back to me when you are weaned off of Mom and Dad’s bank account, have a career and family to manage. Life’s real easy for you right now. 

• Upvote 1