Watch Party - Alumni Pavilion Fund Raiser

Meangreen Fight

The Alumni Pavilion is ridiculously insufficient for a typical good turnout for a home game which is about 70% of capacity.  And considering we don't have a lot of fans that are ineligible to apply for alumni membership coming to games the 150 person capacity is shickingly small.  I estimated the capacity as 300-500  before looking this up.  

The Alumni Pavilion needs to be more than doubled in size.  

- Bathrooms with 5 person capacity 

- Full Kitchen comparable to a restaurant with 250 person capacity

- 8 to 12 TVs 

- 5,000 square feet minimum with over 1,000 patio space 

I believe we should have a watch party fund raiser for a big away game at the alumni pavilion.  "Free" barbecue with valid alumni association membership and $5 donation to the Alumni Pavilion expansion fund. Get Rudy's and/or Metzler's supply the food.   Kid's bounce house and play area outside.  Also have food trucks outside selling alternatives to barbecue (or whoever is catering the food inside the Pavilion).  Free  Door prizes and a paid raffle for Club Seats and parking for the remainder of the season (5 home games minimally). 

https://meangreensports.com/facilities/alumni-pavilion/8

What do you think?  Is the Alumni Pavilion sufficient right now?  How much money could this raise?  Would it significantly increase Alumni Association membership?  A full kitchen also could provide an opportunity for hospitality management students getting a Food Studies Certificate a lab and a real world lab on game days and special events. 

• Upvote 4

On 9/16/2023 at 12:57 PM, untcampbell said:

How crowded was it for game one when they let everyone in for free?

GMG

Pretty crowded.  But I believe they did that because of food delivery problems for the Cal game.  For all the games I have been too with decent attendance the Pavilion is uncomfortably crowded with no seating available.  Also there is no space inside for local chapters to promote getting active within their chapters.   

Edited by Meangreen Fight
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, untcampbell said:

How crowded was it for game one when they let everyone in for free?

GMG

For some reason they decided it's no longer just members of the alumni association who can come in this year but everyone is admitted for free.  We were there right after the walk in and it was a little crowded but we got there early to try and get a table and ended up getting one of the last ones. 

They definitely need to expand it so it's not so crowded.  

Edited by BBA1989

you mean that tool shed looking thing we have next to the stadium???

It would be nice to have a real pavilion, with lots of TVs, food, drinks, and restrooms (something like a sports bar vibe).  Something nice enough that they could use for other alumni events as well, perhaps coaches shows or away watching parties.  Most of my UNT friends would rather watch games at sports bars then the stadium, something like this might get a few more alumni to games. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

3 hours ago, Meangreen Fight said:

The Alumni Pavilion is ridiculously insufficient for a typical good turnout for a home game which is about 70% of capacity.  And considering we don't have a lot of fans that are ineligible to apply for alumni membership coming to games the 150 person capacity is shickingly small.  I estimated the capacity as 300-500  before looking this up.  

- 8 to 12 TVs 

I believe we should have a watch party fund raiser for a big away game at the alumni pavilion.  "Free" barbecue with valid alumni association membership and $5 donation to the Alumni Pavilion expansion fund. Get Rudy's and/or Metzler's supply the food.   Kid's bounce house and play area outside.  Also have food trucks outside selling alternatives to barbecue (or whoever is catering the food inside the Pavilion).  Free  Door prizes and a paid raffle for Club Seats and parking for the remainder of the season (5 home games minimally). 

What do you think?  Is the Alumni Pavilion sufficient right now?  How much money could this raise?  Would it significantly increase Alumni Association membership?  A full kitchen also could provide an opportunity for hospitality management students getting a Food Studies Certificate a lab and a real world lab on game days and special events. 

Awesome idea!

• Upvote 1

On 9/16/2023 at 12:50 PM, Meangreen Fight said:

- 8 to 12 TVs 

I remember being told back when the stadium was being built that the pavilion was intended for the Letterman's association,  but they declined, so it was offered to the alumni association.  If that's true,  then there wouldn't have been anything built for the alumni at all.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Stix said:

I remember being told back when the stadium was being built that the pavilion was intended for the Letterman's association,  but they declined, so it was offered to the alumni association.  If that's true,  then there wouldn't have been anything built for the alumni at all.

This is correct and was told to me by Mark Miller who is president of the alumni association or he was at that particular time.  I agree with the other poster that it needs to be expanded as every time I take my wife there it is too crowded.