Soccer is 3-0 with another shutout.

Rock

12 hours ago, Rock said:

Ladies looking good at 3-0, holding all 3 teams scoreless.  

Gotta give them a lot of credit. They fly under the radar yet do soo well.

And they have same uniforms as the Scots Celtics !!    Sweeeeet

I think we know how good they are year in and year out. The issue is taking that next step (aka scoring 1 goal in the ncaa tournament, beating a bigger team) 

• Puking Eagle 1

Enjoyed watching the game last night.  TSU has a nice facility and a pretty good team as well. Our front line of Burnell, Wesco and Brown is very good, but our defense is stout.  Our Fr. forward, Danae Hobson (I think), was fun to watch.  A lot of hustle and just a pest to the Bobcats.

This soccer team seems a little more scrappy, more contact perhaps in challenging the ball but its early on .. open to your assessment.  If I can be critical 🙂 the offense could slow down a little and set up positional players (at times) vs the longer drop in trying to get a 1:1 push toward goal.  Ex. note the last goal, player was at top of the box, received the pass and turned to kick.   Previously balls were shot from outside the box vs. playing inside to crossing teammate, and the goalie had ample time to respond .. farther (slower) attack.  I know we have always had an emphasis on defense, yet too many times we shot from far out vs. keeping possession and aligning incoming players.

Easy to be a armchair observer .. Still, love the success of our women's team

• Upvote 2

On 8/27/2023 at 9:25 PM, untcampbell said:

Lets make week 3 special(er).

Aside from the Cal game, women's soccer has a great opportunity Thursday in Lubbock against TTU, who is 3-0-1 so far.

They've beaten NMSU, Ball State, and Utah State and tied with New Mexico. Those teams are a combined 5-7-2. TTU has outscored their opponents 13-2.

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2023 at 1:52 PM, Rock said:

This soccer team seems a little more scrappy, more contact perhaps in challenging the ball but its early on .. open to your assessment.  If I can be critical 🙂 the offense could slow down a little and set up positional players (at times) vs the longer drop in trying to get a 1:1 push toward goal.  Ex. note the last goal, player was at top of the box, received the pass and turned to kick.   Previously balls were shot from outside the box vs. playing inside to crossing teammate, and the goalie had ample time to respond .. farther (slower) attack.  I know we have always had an emphasis on defense, yet too many times we shot from far out vs. keeping possession and aligning incoming players.

Easy to be a armchair observer .. Still, love the success of our women's team

I am not a soccer expert, but I agree with what you're saying. I like the more aggressive style of play, but we do seem to rush the shot at times. I understand wanting to be more aggressive; maybe the coach feels this is their best way to compete at a higher level.