Mike Aresco Interview on new AAC Teams and Future Vision

Nice to hear the commissioner give props to the North Texas men's basketball program!  🙂

In the "new school promo clips" on Twitter that were posted in another thread, men's basketball (deservedly) got the most press as an immediate contribution to the American.

• Upvote 5

40 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Appreciate Commissioner Aresco giving our basketball program their just due.  Aresco is clearly a more impressive leader than we have ever had before.

Speaking personally here, Aresco is at the top of my list for most impressive commissioners I've ever seen.  Not just the ones we've had.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Speaking personally here, Aresco is at the top of my list for most impressive commissioners I've ever seen.  Not just the ones we've had.

Agree here. Most of the P5 commissioners get big press because that's where the money is, but Aresco fights his ass off more than anyone I've seen to make sure the American is nationally relevant and in the best position possible.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

I liked his position.   He didn't oversell it if that makes sense.  He did make some very valid points.  The Big 12 and PAC 12 should not get to be grouped with the P5 designation.  There should be a P2 for the SEC and Big 10 period.  The rest of us are in the same place.

Also, I was pleased to hear him address the challenges head on including the NIL and Portal which were not an issue when they started up the AAC 10 years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Mike Aresco is the best commissioner in FBS football.  I hope that we can win a national championship in some sport just to advance his resume.  I think that we'll be strong in basketball, football, softball, women's soccer, men's golf, and track and field early on which makes me glad that Mike picked us.  I want us to do him proud.

• Upvote 3