North Texas vs #6 Oklahoma State 5-3-2023

32 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Great game for the Mean Green ladies.

The greatest home win ever, over #6 team with their All American pitcher starting. 

Timely hitting and excellent pitching from Savage and Peters. 

Surprised at the apparent lack of interest by fans on this board. 

Good win and crowd! You said lack of interest on the board, maybe being swept by Missouri who is in dead last in the SEC! It just shows anybody can beat anyone at anytime! Except OU, they’re on another planet! We just need to win our tournament! Go Mean Green!

Edited by blurbeard
  • Upvote 6
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

The greatest home win ever, over #6 team with their All American pitcher starting. 

I followed on meangreenstats.com due to a prior engagement not allowing me to watch it. Great game. This is what this team is capable of. I hope they are finding their footing at the right time of the year. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

I watched the last 3 innings on ESPN+.   The announcers said it was a record crowd for our stadium, nearly 500 in attendance.   This thread should be on the most-read, main "Football" forum, not this back-page of menu, catch-all forum "mean green athletics".   Few fans venture over to this forum.

Baseball would be fun too this time of year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, NT80 said:

I watched the last 3 innings on ESPN+.   The announcers said it was a record crowd for our stadium, nearly 500 in attendance.   This thread should be on the most-read, main "Football" forum, not this back-page of menu, catch-all forum "mean green athletics".   Few fans venture over to this forum.

Baseball would be fun too this time of year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we could consistently get a page or two of participants in each softball thread, maybe @Harry could splurge for a softball forum. 👀

We've definitely had more softball game/series threads this year than we had for women's basketball games.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Was there, best environment for a softball game, that favored UNT, ever! Peters looked under control and in command the entire game. I think the way they lost the regional final last year to basically this same team gave them some motivation. 
OSU has lost 7/9 and head into Bedlam with a regional and super regional hosting opportunity on the line… yikes!

30 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Was there, best environment for a softball game, that favored UNT, ever! Peters looked under control and in command the entire game. I think the way they lost the regional final last year to basically this same team gave them some motivation. 
OSU has lost 7/9 and head into Bedlam with a regional and super regional hosting opportunity on the line… yikes!

Confused but how do you lose 7 of your last 9 games and still be ranked in the top 10…or ranked period! That would not happen in any other sport…very confusing!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, blurbeard said:

Confused but how do you lose 7 of your last 9 games and still be ranked in the top 10…or ranked period! That would not happen in any other sport…very confusing!

They were like 39-4 or something and losing to decent teams. They won’t be in top 10 after last night at all.

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Savage pitched five innings and Peters got the two inning save.  Were you really there?

• Haha 2