T&F Meet

Venson

I know many on this board are probably not Track and Field fans except during the Olympics, but it was great to roll from the scrimmage yesterday over to watch some Track and Field. I personally love the sport, but that's probably because I was good at it. LOL. Jaleisa Shaffer is the real deal and should make it to nationals. She made the other girls in the discuss and shot put look like they were in elementary compared to her. Karlington Anunagba didn't run in the 100 meters, but damn 10.18 is his seasons best and that's blazing speed. He should be the favorite at conference and has a chance to make it to nationals. Coach Marshall is getting a lot out of the team he inherited. I am looking forward to the talent he will bring in. My only disappointment was the men's 4x100. They had the lead and the runner fell because of a bad exchange between 2nd and 3rd leg.

Edited by Venson
Grammar
  • Upvote 7

32 minutes ago, Venson said:

I know many on this board are probably not Track and Field fans except during the Olympics ,but it was great to roll from the scrimmage yesterday over to watch some Track and Field. I personally love the sport, but that's probably because I was good at it. LOL. Jaleisa Shaffer is the real deal and should make it to nationals. She made the other girls in the discuss and shot put look like they were in elementary compared to her. Karlington Anunagba didn't run in the 100 meters, but damn 10.18 is his seasons best and that's blazing speed. He should be the favorite at conference and has a chance to make it to nationals. Coach Marshall is getting a lot out of the team he inherited. I am looking forward to the talent he will bring in. My only disappointment was the men's 4x100. They had the lead and the runner fell because of a bad exchange between 2nd and 3rd leg.

It would be nice to post the final team results after every meet! Never hear how the womens/mens team did overall in each meet. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, blurbeard said:

It would be nice to post the final team results after every meet! Never hear how the womens/mens team did overall in each meet. 

Yesterday.....somewhere.....I found full results.  I can't find them now though.

And from what I could tell.........the men finished third and the women finished first.

There were some good teams there....Baylor, SMU, ACU and Tarleton....were ones I remember.

Our school hosts the CUSA championship in early-mid May. I think we might at least put up a good effort. 

• Upvote 1