DRC hoops rewind: Saint Mary's 63, North Texas 33

Brett Vito

Question? 
Were the details of Coach Macasland’s new contract ever released? I don’t recall seeing anything written about it after he turned down the offer from SMU. 
This is in no way meant to question his ability as a Head Coach considering the rough start. He has already proven he is a winner. Just curious. Nothing more. 

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, meangreenbob said:

Question? 
Were the details of Coach Macasland’s new contract ever released? I don’t recall seeing anything written about it after he turned down the offer from SMU. 
This is in no way meant to question his ability as a Head Coach considering the rough start. He has already proven he is a winner. Just curious. Nothing more. 

https://dentonrc.com/sports/colleges/mean_green/new-contract-makes-grant-mccasland-unt-s-first-basketball-coach-to-earn-1-million-annually/article_2a702454-07d7-5d02-880b-766b485bdd2f.html

• Upvote 3

I think what is happening is in todays basketball world you bring in players for a couple years and they have to find the chemistry of playing together.  It will be rare to have Zack Simmons in todays portal world.  Macs teams have started slow but found their chemistry a few games down the road.  I mean the first game I went to it was like I knew four players on the team (Perry, Abou, Smart and Scott).  Forgot Ruben.

Maybe when Perry and Jones get back it will help but for right now the easier schedule might actually help us. If we don't figure it soon it will be a long year.  I don't want to lose to SFA again.  That loss when Benson was here was worst to me.  It was so depressing.  I think me and 50 fans of UNT were there and SFA may have had more fans.   Granted it was holiday break but when you hear the players talking, the ball bouncing on the floor the sneakers squeaking it is a bad sign.  

• Upvote 1