Quincy tested positive for cocaine.

I know it's easy from our stanpoint but I ask the question that I'm sure every person who watches pro sports asks:

"How can you be given the opportunity to make millions of dollars for PLAYING A GAME, have god-given natural ability that 90% of the population would love to have, and then piss it away on drugs?"

GOOD GOSH!!!!! Could Bill and Jerry be this stupid? The media already knows what happned, but they are refusing to tell the media at the press conference what is really going on. They are dodginq questions like nothing else!!! I wish somebody would come right out and ask if he used cocaine.

Because of confidentiality issues, Jerry and Bill can't say anything about a drug test.

It's obvious though, by the way they are answering, that a failed drug test is the catalyst. If that is true, Carter would be out for four games. Parcells is not going to put up with that kind of nonsense from a marginally talented starting QB during this season. Lawrence Taylor is one thing, with his great talent. Quincy Carter? No way.

If the failed drug test is true, I think the Cowboys did the right thing, for the long run.

GOOD GOSH!!!!! Could Bill and Jerry be this stupid?

If by "stupid" you mean avoiding being sued by the league and/or Carter for violating confidentiality terms, then yes, they are very stupid.

This news shocked me at first like everyone else, but then it made me sad. Quincy was the ultimate underdog, he wasn't given a chance from day one and just when it seemed like he was going to overcome it all, he blows it. I don't want drug users on my favorite team so if that is in fact true, then the Cowboys did the right thing. However, I do feel bad for him. I feel bad that he feels the need to do such a destructive behavior, and especially from someone that by several accounts from last season was one of the spiritual leaders of the team, to fulfill the void in his life. I honestly feel sorry for him. I hope he gets another chance, not necessarily in football, but in life because cocaine will mess things up pretty badly pretty quickly.

Because of confidentiality issues, Jerry and Bill can't say anything about a drug test.

Plus, according to Chris Mortonson on ESPN, NFL teams aren't allowed to give their own drug tests. Only the NFL is allowed to do the tests. Evidently, (again, according to ESPN at 5:00) the NFL may be investigating Jerry Jones and the Cowboys right now. If Jerry Jones' "health screens" (quoting ESPN) are actually drug tests that caught Q-Car, then the Cowboys could be in trouble. (Keep in mind there are so many rumors swirling right now, no one knows what actually happened).

WOOOO-EEEEE!!! I know the Rangers where getting too much attention in August/September. This is the Cowboys' time of year and Jerry and the 'Boys know where they belong, huh.

WOOOO-EEEEE!!! I know the Rangers where getting too much attention in August/September. This is the Cowboys' time of year and Jerry and the 'Boys know where they belong, huh.

I am glad Football is back in the News, makes everything feel right.

It gets me over the hump from the end of hockey to the beginning of football season! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

And what a way to start off the Cowboys season. Should be a fun season.

Vinny, Eddie, Keyshawn, some great vets added this year, with the rest of the offensive changes good things will happen!

Quincy has denied it was cocaine and said no comment to marijuana, John Clayton is reporting that it was in fact marijuana, and I will take his word over John Czarnecki (whoever that is). Drugs (even marijuana) are ilegal for a reason and it's a shame he threw away his Cowboys career for that, but I am relieved it was not cocaine.