Now we find out why Brammer really left

Jonnyeagle

4 hours ago, Bolo said:

What team are you scouting for in the NFL. 

Historically,  the NFL drafts approximately 20 OL in a year.  Invitations are extend to other OL individuals to try out during camp.  If invited to NFL combine the statistics become critical and separate players.  For example bench press, 40 yard running time, height weight... Brammer came to UNT weight 270 now 300, benching 225 pounds 30 times and squatting 500+. 

NFL teams generally have 8 to 10 OL in roster and practice squad.  The videos of his play at UNT is impressive.  Brammer for the last 2 years almost always graded out as the top performer.  He may have given 2 up sacks in the last 2 years.  Stats always outweigh our personal opinions.  Hope the best for the young man.  I look forward to a time if he makes it to Sunday he gives a shout out to UNT.  Then the NFL may take a closer look at the Mean Green program.

Look, I don’t really want to sit here and criticize Brammer because I am appreciative of what he did during his career here, but I just don’t see him getting drafted and it has nothing to do with playing at UNT.  He was a good RT, not LT, like many have claimed. I wish him the best, but this is purely my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

When an NFL team finds a player from a second tier conference team it creates a relationship to look closer.  Darden's draft, albeit a 4th round, attracts interest.  An offense ranked in the top 10 gives pause to take a look.  An OL putting up 200+ yards a game rushing calls for closer examination.  People and organizations do business via relationships.  Why do UNT coaches have a broad range of relationships with high school coaches.  When you recruit from a small Texas HS football program it creates interest. 

Darden is the most recent NFL draft. It appears these individual UNT football players are attracting the interest of NFL leams.  With that said, if UNT football prorgam and culture (not individual players) were winning championships and bowl games the NFL scouts more than likely will come.  "Build it and they will come."

Here is the current UNT players with the NFL.

Nate Brooks, (Reserve), LaDarius Hamilton (Reserve), Jordan Murray (Reserve)

Jalen Guyton (Active), Kemon Hill (Active), Jeffrey Wilson (Active), Jaelon Darden (Active) 2021 4th round 

NFL found Darden in 2021, Hamilton in 2020 and Murray in 2019.

• Upvote 2

A masters degree from Duke sounds pretty good.

Or Indiana, Vandy, Virginia, and Syracuse. Tulsa Hawaii, Washington St, and Houston not so much but whatever. 
He may or may not be NFL caliber but he certainly will be moving to a higher level of competition and likely a higher rated grad program. 

• Upvote 5