Last night’s press conference

Big Z

I dunno how coach Mac kept it together so well.    I'd have an army of frogs in my throat & be choking up the whole time trying to talk about those guys if I were him.

I like how coach Wright had to continually deflect the fact that his dudes shot unconscious from 3 to get back to their defense.    Their defense was good, but it most definitely was not the reason for that 34-6 run to end the 1st half.
QQP_CfxUXcM3-fl3rTv8bf_ytPkoYmqdZKCTFz7X

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I like how coach Wright had to continually deflect the fact that his dudes shot unconscious from 3 to get back to their defense.    Their defense was good, but it most definitely was not the reason for that 34-6 run to end the 1st half.

He acknowledged that they shot extremely well.  I don't remember the exact words, but I felt like he said enough.  I didn't watch his full segment, though.  Didn't see enough to watch any deflection.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, greenminer said:

He acknowledged that they shot extremely well.  I don't remember the exact words, but I felt like he said enough.  I didn't watch his full segment, though.  Didn't see enough to watch any deflection.

Oh, he definitely acknowledged their shooting... he had to.   

But he kept saying (2 or 3 times) he thought that even if they weren't shooting it as well (which, in that 34-6 run, it was around 75% from 3pt land) that his defense would have kept them in the game...   

I don't think so, because we would have been able to actually run OUR offense (slowed way down, screen them to death, and get a good look... or find Javion late for a floater in the lane) if they didn't open up such a huge lead in that stretch.

Coach Mac even said we scored a bunch early and the guys kept playing at that pace instead of slowing it down to run our normal sets.  I feel like we could have taken Nova out of that rhythm if we would have slowed it down more when we built up that big lead early.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1