Who as the last UNT player drafted by the NFL?

untjim1995

contract doesn’t become fully guaranteed until they make the team there @UNTLifer

First-round picks get all four years of base salary fully guaranteed, second-round picks get the first two years of base salary that way, while others only get the first year fully guaranteed. Meanwhile, undrafted players aren't required to get fully guaranteed money in their deals.

• Lovely Take 1

12 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

contract doesn’t become fully guaranteed until they make the team there @UNTLifer

First-round picks get all four years of base salary fully guaranteed, second-round picks get the first two years of base salary that way, while others only get the first year fully guaranteed. Meanwhile, undrafted players aren't required to get fully guaranteed money in their deals.

Guess I misunderstood your previous post. Players still sign a contract prior to hitting the practice field. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

You're proving my point. Our players don't get the respect they deserve, thanks to our record since moving back to FBS. Owners and GMs know that our best players will be there after the draft for them to bring in as UDFAs. If they make the team, they still don't get the money a draft pick gets, at least not at first. If they don't make the team, no loss. 

What would be the downside to having someone get tapes to scouts, coordinate their trips down to watch a game and certain players, and find out what the GMs are looking for?  Give the job to Mean Joe. He's who I'd want to have the job anyways. But if you and others think that's too bush league, then I guess being the only school to not have a player drafted since 2004 isn't troubling, and "Bush league" in itself. 

Edited by Rudy
  • Eye Roll 2