DRC: On eve of title game, UNT appears locked into New Orleans Bowl

Brett Vito

If NO is such a great place why didn't all the Katrina evacuees go back? Last time I was there for our bowl game my side car windows got knock out and the constant pan handlers was to much. This decision on going again has not been made...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

It's not the bowl that is the complaint, it's the potential opponent. Not to sound Ivy League, but we're better than playing the Belt at 9-4. But a 10-3 CUSA champion deserves a much better situation. It makes me almost sort of kind of want us to lose today to avoid being pissed off at the latter scenario. 

Seriously? This is the biggest UNT game at least since I have been following UNT Football (2000), and you aren't sure you want us to win?

• Lovely Take 1

Just now, pastorgrant said:

Seriously? This is the biggest UNT game at least since I have been following UNT Football (2000), and you aren't sure you want us to win?

Of course I want us to win. But I would hate the NO bowl scenario way, way more if we were 10-3 CUSA champs. It would be downright disrespectful. 

• Downvote 1

me'thinks for certain it will be the New Orleans Bowl based on one of our best alums who has already booked his hotel in the Big Easy.  He didn't do that on a whim--he does have some athletic dept. connections. 

Oh well.....bowl selection damage control now upcoming on GMG.com after the official announcement! LOL!

Aren't we spoiled though?  Complaining about which bowl?  LOL!    WTH!  We are upwardly bound Americans & always want what's best for our country and, yes,.....our collegiate alma mater, too. albeit that can gravitate into various directions most times depending on what decade you attended UNT. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

If NO is such a great place why didn't all the Katrina evacuees go back? Last time I was there for our bowl game my side car windows got knock out and the constant pan handlers was to much. This decision on going again has not been made...

They didn’t go back for a lot of reasons, none of which are what you’re suggesting.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

I think that the P5 money grubbers have made us forget what college athletics are about. These are students first who play a game beacuse they love it and it provides them an opportunity get an education. 

They give us so much, and as long as they give it their all we should support them. We owe them that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1