DRC: Lamar official talks about impact of hurricane

Brett Vito

A spirited effort from Lamar early in the game should be expected.
An early beatdown should not be un-expected.  These guys will have a lot on their minds back home & likely won't be fully focused.
I agree with @DeepGreen.  Beat the effort out of them early, then start working on weak areas while not pouring it on.   Hopefully Coach Littrell doesn't have too much of his mentor in him.

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

A spirited effort from Lamar early in the game should be expected.
An early beatdown should not be un-expected.  These guys will have a lot on their minds back home & likely won't be fully focused.
I agree with @DeepGreen.  Beat the effort out of them early, then start working on weak areas while not pouring it on.   Hopefully Coach Littrell doesn't have too much of his mentor in him.

If you're improving weak areas and still scoring points I have no issue with that

5 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Normally, I wouldn't either.   But I have compassion for what these guys are going through.  And I hope Coach Littrell does too.

Agreed... We don't need a 50+ win vs them.. Yes it would be great for our confidence, etc but its not going to really matter outside of the averages at the end of year...

These guys likely have been through the past few days and will it be like that for short-term as well since I'm guessing most are likely from around that area (no idea, so i could be wrong).. No need to destroy there season right off the bat and compound it with what they are likely dealing with in their personal lifes as well from the storm.