MGB: UNT, SMU extend football series

Brett Vito

37 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

What can us fans do to put in the final dagger to kill off your remaining loyalty to UNT football so you will completely go away for good? I will buy and fly a banner if that's what it takes!!

Don't waste time doing that! It's far better to spend any time, energy and resources working on getting new fans rather than trying to convince one's who've left to come back. I used to run a non-profit volunteer organization that raised money for the arts in Dallas county. We found we could get three $500 or $1000 donors for the same number of letters, phone calls and visits it took to bring back a disgruntled $250 donor. I'm not saying don't try at all to bring the disgruntled back, but limit the resources spent in that regard as the total return is better seeking new donors or in this case fans. There are so many potential new fans in the area, let's concentrate on them first!

Extending the SMU football series is something the vast majority of current fans want. A game between two teams in the area is far more likely to be something a casual fan might want to try out. There is no question each of these games is going to generate more local news coverage than the average game of either school individually. 

Clearly, the overall athletic program at North Texas needs to improve. Equally clearly, steps are being taken by Mr. Baker to start making these improvements. Things are not perfect, nor will they every be. But we didn't get into this situation overnight or even in just a few years. It will likely take several years to fix many of the problems. But it appears right now to most of the followers of NT that it will take less time to improve than it took to sink to the point we were at after the Portland State game last year! 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

You said a one for one couldn't be done on multiple occasions. Not surprised you won't admit it, though.

Of course you would for your good personal friend RV, now wouldn't you? Lol. 

Dont worry, I'll probably be gone, if not this year then next. Typical of the suck up group to want to run off fans. Think like them or leave. Lol. Have a good time losing. Wait, you already do.

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

You said a one for one couldn't be done on multiple occasions. Not surprised you won't admit it, though.

Of course you would for your good personal friend RV, now wouldn't you? Lol. 

Dont worry, I'll probably be gone, if not this year then next. Typical of the suck up group to want to run off fans. Think like them or leave. Lol. Have a good time losing. Wait, you already do.

Who said Wren is not doing anything.  If he can get rid of you, the he has earned an extension and a raise!!!

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 5

Just now, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Who said Wren is not doing anything.  If he can get rid of you, the he has earned an extension and a raise!!!

Right here is the problem with UNT athletics. AD suck ups like this cat who would rather run off fans than try and raise expectations one centimeter for UNT athletics. This guy and people like him are the reason UNT will suck in perpetuity. Because they can and these jack wagons will NEVER say one word about it.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 13

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Lol. In 10 years. That isn't fixing anything. That game was fit to an opening in the schedule. Baker was bought here to fix things, one being the schedule. He hasn't. 

The funny thing is you were the same guy who said that series with Tech could never be scheduled because in state P5s would NEVER play at Apogee.This was back when you were defending the lady AD, remember? 

So congrats for being wrong. Twice. 

Lol. And you probably believe SMU is bringing in 23k a game and that UNT is actually averaging over 2l at the Pit this season, 

Talk to actual TCU season ticket holders about this. Many don't attend those games, and the one I know that did said there was maybe 23k in the stadium.

And get it right. The Frog basketball bandwagon. UNT hasn't completely killed my football loyalty, but they are real damn close.

its funny that the same 6 RV butt buddies are the ones constantly attacking. Lol.

Ahh, had to throw in the RV name calling.  So predictable even though I have said time and again that I have never had a private conversation with RV and only met him once when he first arrived on campus, but you keep right on since that makes you feel better.

The best man in my wedding is a season ticket holder at TCU along with his brother.  He states differently than you, you know, since he was in attendance and you were bitching about your club level seats at Apogee.

Bandwagon/Basketball bandwagon, either way you are abandoning your alma mater.  Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

26 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Right here is the problem with UNT athletics. AD suck ups like this cat who would rather run off fans than try and raise expectations one centimeter for UNT athletics. This guy and people like him are the reason UNT will suck in perpetuity. Because they can and these jack wagons will NEVER say one word about it.

Baker has been here less than one year, one year! You should practice a little patience, snowflake.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Ahh, had to throw in the RV name calling.  So predictable even though I have said time and again that I have never had a private conversation with RV and only met him once when he first arrived on campus, but you keep right on since that makes you feel better.

The best man in my wedding is a season ticket holder at TCU along with his brother.  He states differently than you, you know, since he was in attendance and you were bitching about your club level seats at Apogee.

Bandwagon/Basketball bandwagon, either way you are abandoning your alma mater.  Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

Baker has been here less than one year, one year! You should practice a little patience, snowflake.

My alma mater abandoned me, along with so many others. Keep caring about something that will never ever care about you. I mean, that's healthy.

One year, 8 years, 15 years, doesn't matter. Both you guys would still be so far sucked up your feet would cushion his butt.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

No way anybody would mistake you as a fan. It's obvious NT and everything associated with it pisses you off and you will never be happy. Why would you subject yourself to such misery? Hell, if I was that unhappy, it would be easy for me to purchase TCU tickets and never come back. Do it for your sanity, do it for the children.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

13 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

No way anybody would mistake you as a fan. It's obvious NT and everything associated with it pisses you off and you will never be happy. Why would you subject yourself to such misery? Hell, if I was that unhappy, it would be easy for me to purchase TCU tickets and never come back. Do it for your sanity, do it for the children.

Basketball is done, my friend. Better program, university wants to succeed. 5 minutes from work. A real coach that will be fired if he isn't successful, but he has been for over a decade at Pitt, so not too concerned there, an arena that doesn't feel like a funeral parlor. 

I mean, really no down side for people who live in Fort Worth. 

I considered UTA, but the drive and the lack of good teams dissuaded me. I can't buy tickets yet, but I'm on their call list when tickets go on sale. I'm sure I'll hear from them. If I was an 8 year season ticket holder at UNT, I'd probably still have to make the call to renew...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 7

7 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Basketball is done, my friend. Better program, university wants to succeed. 5 minutes from work. A real coach that will be fired if he isn't successful, but he has been for over a decade at Pitt, so not too concerned there, an arena that doesn't feel like a funeral parlor. 

I mean, really no down side for people who live in Fort Worth. 

I considered UTA, but the drive and the lack of good teams dissuaded me. I can't buy tickets yet, but I'm on their call list when tickets go on sale. I'm sure I'll hear from them. If I was an 8 year season ticket holder at UNT, I'd probably still have to make the call to renew...

Cool, good luck. I am sure you will look sexy as hell in purple.

Go Frogs!!!!!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I hope you visited the site. Maybe you could learn a few things about being a real college sports fans, replete with expectations and all...

Wait, expectations is WAY too big of a first step for you...

How did your Frogs do against OU today?  What tournament seed will they be?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

I hope you visited the site. Maybe you could learn a few things about being a real college sports fans, replete with expectations and all...

Wait, expectations is WAY too big of a first step for you...

I hear TCU football tickets are on sale now...just sayin.....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

On 3/3/2017 at 11:01 PM, UNT90 said:

Nope. I'm all yours, baby. Sucks, don't it?

Words and actions.

Ahh ask and you shall receive. 

Before you retort with ah great 2024 and 2027 check our schedule the last goof left us and how bad the buy out options are for either body bag game or guarantee win game are.  

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On March 4, 2017 at 8:45 PM, KRAM1 said:

I hear TCU football tickets are on sale now...just sayin.....

Ah yes, That way you can have your own little kingdom with no dissent. You can reach around and pat yourself on the back yet again. And YOU get to decide who is and isn't fit to be a UNT fan, right? No wonder you thought RV was awesome, until he wasn't useful to you anymore, of course. Time to start sucking up to the new guy.

UNT will always lose because terrible fans care more about status in some rinky dink program than they care about winning. Much more.

I guess you can't get the attention you need as an Ok St. fan, eh?

On March 4, 2017 at 10:15 PM, GMG24 said:

Ahh ask and you shall receive. 

Before you retort with ah great 2024 and 2027 check our schedule the last goof left us and how bad the buy out options are for either body bag game or guarantee win game are.  

He was brought here to fix problems. This was one of them. Find a way out of the contracts. That's your freaking job.

He hasn't. Throwing a bone 10 years out won't cut it for a lot of alums that may be dead by the time that happens. Long term alums who have put years into this disaster. 

Fix it. That's why you are here.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 10

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Ah yes, Mark.

I guess you can't get the attention you need as an Ok St. fan, eh?

Oh, oh..."outed me"... now I'll just wait to see which mod removes your post.  I had a post removed for even referring to someone quoted in the paper recently.  In case you did not know..."it is generally considered bad form to out folks".  You know, because no one knows who we are.  But, here we are.  You and me in the "bad form" group. ??  ... AND ....

I get what I earn with my level of support for OSU.  And, that is fine with me.  I should also remind you that I am not a t-shirt fan of OSU. I actually graduated from OSU as well.

You know, not like some "cough cough" t-shirt TCU fan.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

Out you? Like it's hard to figure out a name spelled backward? Lol.

Did you check with the AD before you posted that so you knew just what to say? 

This may come as a shock to you, but of any opinion on this board, I value yours the very least. I value Andrew's thoughts on basketball more than your thoughts on anything UNT. You know why? You are dishonest on this board. You support RV till the bitter end, then, as soon as he is gone, you say you really wanted him gone alll along and you are all on board for the new guy. And you try to hide behind the tired old "public/private" BS. Problem is, if you really didn't support RV, you wouldn't have been openly doing so on this site. Just sucking up to whomever needs the sucking.

Oh, and let's not forget your willingness to use very personal details of someone that you were friendly with to attack them personally on a message board because you disagree over sports. Classy move right there.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 9

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Did you check with the AD before you posted that so you knew just what to say? 

This may come as a shock to you, but of any opinion on this board, I value yours the very least. I value Andrew's thoughts on basketball more than your thoughts on anything UNT. You know why? You are dishonest on this board. You support RV till the bitter end, then, as soon as he is gone, you say you really wanted him gone alll along and you are all on board for the new guy. And you try to hide behind the tired old "public/private" BS. Problem is, if you really didn't support RV, you wouldn't have been openly doing so on this site. Just sucking up to whomever needs the sucking.

Oh, and let's not forget your willingness to use very personal details of someone that you were friendly with to attack them personally on a message board because you disagree over sports. Classy move right there.

Super for you.  Never have I posted that I wanted RV gone....I have posted over and over that my loyalty is to UNT not individuals....thus my prior posts of "the King is dead, long live the King".  Perhaps, like a lot of the things that you make up, you missed that.  Your alternate universe must be a real trip.

Hey, I think Andrew knows a good bit about basketball and I have never held myself out to be a basketball expert.  I would agree that Andrew knows more about the game than I do.  I appreciate many of his basketball insights.  He also continues to form his opinions first hand about UNT basketball because he is often seen at the games.  And, I am not talking about TCU games here FroggyKing.

You seem to love that "sucking up" reference...probably due to a limited vocabulary. Maybe you can take some adult Ed classes at TCU and figure out some new insults.  Your current ones are getting a tad old and routine and you have used them on just about everyone still posting on this board who seems to have even the slightest a different opinion than yours.

For someone who professes to not "care" you sure seem to carry grudges and keep plenty of posts going on a board devoted to a school you have forsaken for another.  Purple will look good on you...because green sure isn't your color any longer it seems.

Anyway, there really is no point in trying to carry on any sort of discussion with our new FroggyKing.  Carry on.  I plan on doing the same. 

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Inside joke....you won't get it but a couple others here might.  Like you indicate, anyone who posts here on a regular basis is already "known", and unless you need a "safe room" or are ashamed of what you post, what dies it matter?  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

25 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Super for you.  Never have I posted that I wanted RV gone....I have posted over and over that my loyalty is to UNT not individuals....thus my prior posts of "the King is dead, long live the King".  Perhaps, like a lot of the things that you make up, you missed that.  Your alternate universe must be a real trip.

Hey, I think Andrew knows a good bit about basketball and I have never held myself out to be a basketball expert.  I would agree that Andrew knows more about the game than I do.  I appreciate many of his basketball insights.  He also continues to form his opinions first hand about UNT basketball because he is often seen at the games.  And, I am not talking about TCU games here FroggyKing.

You seem to love that "sucking up" reference...probably due to a limited vocabulary. Maybe you can take some adult Ed classes at TCU and figure out some new insults.  Your current ones are getting a tad old and routine and you have used them on just about everyone still posting on this board who seems to have even the slightest a different opinion than yours.

For someone who professes to not "care" you sure seem to carry grudges and keep plenty of posts going on a board devoted to a school you have forsaken for another.  Purple will look good on you...because green sure isn't your color any longer it seems.

Anyway, there really is no point in trying to carry on any sort of discussion with our new FroggyKing.  Carry on.  I plan on doing the same. 

Inside joke....you won't get it but a couple others here might.  Like you indicate, anyone who posts here on a regular basis is already "known", and unless you need a "safe room" or are ashamed of what you post, what dies it matter?  

Hey, at least you're honest about sucking up to the UNT AD, I'll give you that. I would think it would be hard never to have an independent thought. Guess not. 

But riddle me this: If RV was on the way out before the UTSA game in 2015, why did your support continue? I mean, the king was being slain, seems like you would realize this and would have been one of the first to speak out against him. 

But you weren't. You were still defending him. 

Seems y'all need to pick a narrative at AD central. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

Hey, at least your honest about sucking up to the UNT AD, I'll give you that. I would think it would be hard never to have an independent thought. Guess not. 

But riddle me this: If RV was on the way out before the UTSA game in 2015, why did your support continue? I mean, the king was being slain, seems like you would realize this and would have been one of the first to speak out against him. 

But you weren't. You were still defending him. 

Seems y'all need to pick a narrative at AD central. 

I got a kick out of it.