Great Lane Kiffin article

Coach Bill Lewis

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/...ma-usc-fau

There’s a sense that FAU is a bit starstruck by Kiffin, where he’s been and what he could do. Barbar calls Kiffin an “offensive genius” and adds: “The thing that struck me was that he walks in the room and you’re immediately attracted to him.” The school has nearly doubled its salary pool for assistant coaches from $1 million to $1.7 million. Along with location and chance to win, another primary attraction to Kiffin was how badly FAU officials wanted him there. “He clearly wanted the job,” Kelly says, “and we clearly wanted him for the job.”

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Let me just say this now, C-USA is poised to be a very competitive league in the coming years.  When you look at the fact FAU has hired Kiffen and nearly doubled their assistant pool it speaks volumes.  FIU has hired Butch Davis.  Both sit in some of the most fertile recruiting area in the country.  Old Dominion has already shown that they are ready to compete now having gone to their first bowl game.  Love them or hate them UTSA seems to be heading in the right direction.  WKU and La. Tech seem to reload every year.  Marshall will be back.

My point is, this C-USA as configured has a huge upside and if the Florida schools get it together like it appears they will, watch out.  This will be a very tough league to win year in year out.

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

Let me just say this now, C-USA is poised to be a very competitive league in the coming years.  When you look at the fact FAU has hired Kiffen and nearly doubled their assistant pool it speaks volumes.  FIU has hired Butch Davis.  Both sit in some of the most fertile recruiting area in the country.  Old Dominion has already shown that they are ready to compete now having gone to their first bowl game.  Love them or hate them UTSA seems to be heading in the right direction.  WKU and La. Tech seem to reload every year.  Marshall will be back.

My point is, this C-USA as configured has a huge upside and if the Florida schools get it together like it appears they will, watch out.  This will be a very tough league to win year in year out.

I agree 100% with that statement.  Could be better than the AAC in the next 2-3 years....we just need to step-up and contribute.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Thank god we generally recruit different areas. They are going to kill in recruiting.

Starting to realize the disconnect in perception between fans of the game (us) versus HS recruits.

We all know about these coaches' pasts, and yet we still understand kids don't share our sentiment and will willingly play for them.  Knowing what I know now, if I were an 18 year old FBS prospect I wouldn't give guys like Briles and Kiffin the time of day.