'17 DL James Dodd (Sultan HS, WA)

GMG24

Has always played D-End, our new coach had him make the move to D-Tackle this season to help shut down the run up the middle. Drew double and triple teams all season, freed up our linebackers. Not as glamorous as D-End  but he just wanted to help the team. 6'3" 230lbs, very quick off the ball. Definitely a 5 tech. type player, he was just far and away the biggest and strongest player on our small schools team 

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, Dallasfan_22 said:

Has always played D-End, our new coach had him make the move to D-Tackle this season to help shut down the run up the middle. Drew double and triple teams all season, freed up our linebackers. Not as glamorous as D-End  but he just wanted to help the team. 6'3" 230lbs, very quick off the ball. Definitely a 5 tech. type player, he was just far and away the biggest and strongest player on our small schools team 

Thanks for the update.  Love his frame and motor.  Did he receive an offer from us?  If so, any insight on where he might be leaning at this time?  Glad you enjoyed your visit.  We all think UNT is a hidden gem and you won't find a better education, location and group of folks, even thought we do argue on here from time to time.

No offer... yet we hope!  He still a little undecided. He's a 3.95 current 3.82  cumulative GPA student that wants to get into the medical field so I'm glad to hear you talk highly about the education! He received another offer Monday night but he really keeps talking a lot about North Texas. I think he was really impressed with everything we saw there. I think he would love to play his college football in the heart of football country!! Hopefully we can get some interest and him back out there.  I know they're really busy now prepping for the bowl game, he's hoping he hears something back next week 

• Upvote 7

On 12/7/2016 at 9:43 AM, Dallasfan_22 said:

No offer... yet we hope!  He still a little undecided. He's a 3.95 current 3.82  cumulative GPA student that wants to get into the medical field so I'm glad to hear you talk highly about the education! He received another offer Monday night but he really keeps talking a lot about North Texas. I think he was really impressed with everything we saw there. I think he would love to play his college football in the heart of football country!! Hopefully we can get some interest and him back out there.  I know they're really busy now prepping for the bowl game, he's hoping he hears something back next week 

Would you mind telling us what you have liked and disliked from the staff and the recruiting experience so far? Thanks for all the feedback, I really hope the best for your son regardless of where he lands. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I also just wanted to take a moment to say this program being built is on track to being even greater than it is now. I have spoken to alumni from UNT and they speak so highly of the school and area. I would be proud to have my son attend UNT and play ball here. I know playing Texas football has always been James' dream, and finding the right fit is important. He has certainty put UNT a high priority on his list of schools for academics and athletics. Looking forward to watching the upcoming bowl game and cheering UNT on!

That is certainly high praise, thank you. Much luck to your son.

• Upvote 4

On December 12, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Odessa said:

I also just wanted to take a moment to say this program being built is on track to being even greater than it is now. I have spoken to alumni from UNT and they speak so highly of the school and area. I would be proud to have my son attend UNT and play ball here. I know playing Texas football has always been James' dream, and finding the right fit is important. He has certainty put UNT a high priority on his list of schools for academics and athletics. Looking forward to watching the upcoming bowl game and cheering UNT on!

Very pleased to hear this and welcome to the site!