Morris is horrible

MeanGreen01

1 hour ago, djohnnie said:

This post is in poor taste. He is doing the best he can with limited play makers and an offensive line that has been struggling. Lets encourage instead of 

beating down this student athlete. This board could stand more of that.

GMG

I agree 100% percent.

My outlook on student athletes has always been you judge them on what they do OFF the field.  If they go to class, go to film study, do their assigned work, go to their workouts, and help their team mates then that's all you can ask of them. 

If someone goes out and gives it his all and comes up short, well the fault lies with the coaches who failed to either recruit the right person, train them the right way, or get the right scheme in place.

From ALL ACCOUNTS Morris has done everything off the field in the right way.  Not only when he was the starter, but when he was made the backup. CLASS ACT.

This falls on the coaching staff, you know the people we pay collectively 2 millions dollars a year or so?  They of course have done a great job in beginning a turn around, but they need to learn from mistakes likes, this and go recruit like madmen.  

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

I agree 100% percent.

My outlook on student athletes has always been you judge them on what they do OFF the field.  If they go to class, go to film study, do their assigned work, go to their workouts, and help their team mates then that's all you can ask of them. 

If someone goes out and gives it his all and comes up short, well the fault lies with the coaches who failed to either recruit the right person, train them the right way, or get the right scheme in place.

From ALL ACCOUNTS Morris has done everything off the field in the right way.  Not only when he was the starter, but when he was made the backup. CLASS ACT.

This falls on the coaching staff, you know the people we pay collectively 2 millions dollars a year or so?  They of course have done a great job in beginning a turn around, but they need to learn from mistakes likes, this and go recruit like madmen.  

I don't fully agree, but I do partially agree.  I think players do deserve criticism if they perform poorly.  What I think is criticism and others think is up for debate.  A ripping on a message board should be fine and where it ends.  He played like poop along with every other unit.  He missed a lot of throws and reads.  It is what it is, he and our entire offense didn't click all day.  Defense sucked early and never got time to get it fixed with the constant 3 -and outs.  Once they kind of got going it was to late and UTEP was on top of the world.  It is what it I see we got smoked. 

I am eternally greatful to Alec for being a man and working through a disappointing time.  If we didn't have him the last 3 weeks we'd be really screwed. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

A ripping on a message board should be fine and where it ends.  

What I don't want to see if everyone continually making fun of him for years, like McNulty or Greer.  They don't deserve it either.  Criticism is fine, but an entire thread of people just dog piling is just pushing it.  Allowing that to happen leads to him becoming the butt of jokes for years.  He doesn't deserve that.

Maybe none of them can cut it as CUSA level QBs, fine, can't really argue with that one.  Greer hasn't been on our roster for a few years and people still call him out by name.  That is over the line IMHO.

Look this thread is still here and open.  No one is getting banned.  All I am asking is that people think a little before they dog pile on someone who by all reports has done nothing but bust his ass for this program.  

8 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

What I don't want to see if everyone continually making fun of him for years, like McNulty or Greer.  They don't deserve it either.  Criticism is fine, but an entire thread of people just dog piling is just pushing it.  Allowing that to happen leads to him becoming the butt of jokes for years.  He doesn't deserve that.

Maybe none of them can cut it as CUSA level QBs, fine, can't really argue with that one.  Greer hasn't been on our roster for a few years and people still call him out by name.  That is over the line IMHO.

Look this thread is still here and open.  No one is getting banned.  All I am asking is that people think a little before they dog pile on someone who by all reports has done nothing but bust his ass for this program.  

I agree wholeheartedly there.  Drumming up old qb's and alum is ridiculous.  Kind of like kickers who "cost" their team a game and end up having to leave big time schools because they're being harassed all over campus. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

I guess giving me -1 makes the diaper pin babies feel better? You guys are cute but pathetic at the same time.

I bet I can pick the cupcakes that -1 me. It's okay, you powderpuffs lost the election and pretty much everything else. Being on the shitty side of the gene pool must suck.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 17

• Harry locked this topic