RB: 1 (0) I project Davis to defense

QB: 2; Pearson, Isadore

WR: 0

TE: 1; Lutz

OL: 3; Donovan, Weatherspoon, Newman

DL: 2; King, Krasniqi

LB: 0

DB: 2 (3) I project Davis to safety; Sewell, Johnson

How do our remaining picks break down based upon a class of 25?

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2016 at 11:04 AM, UNTLifer said:

Currently committed:

RB: 1 (0) I project Davis to defense

QB: 2; Pearson, Isadore

WR: 0

TE: 1; Lutz

OL: 3; Donovan, Weatherspoon, Newman

DL: 2; King, Krasniqi

LB: 0

DB: 2 (3) I project Davis to safety; Sewell, Johnson

How do our remaining picks break down based upon a class of 25?

I am willing to bet we take another OL and 2 more DL, 3 WR with 2 stud walk-ons, and 3 grey-shirt JUCO kids.  We do lose a few off this class because of the Grey shirts who made it.  I believe Raveon is still taking classes and working to get eligible to play this spring. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, GMG24 said:

I am willing to bet we take another OL and 2 more DL, 3 WR with 2 stud walk-ons, and 3 grey-shirt JUCO kids.  We do lose a few off this class because of the Grey shirts who made it.  I believe Raveon is still taking classes and working to get eligible to play this spring

I love this!! I really liked Raveon and I hated to see he wasnt able to transfer over. Love the fact that the kid has no quit and is trying his best in school to make it back on the field. I hope it all works out for him in the end.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

I love this!! I really liked Raveon and I hated to see he wasnt able to transfer over. Love the fact that the kid has no quit and is trying his best in school to make it back on the field. I hope it all works out for him in the end.

I looked at his twitter recently and he has a tweet saying not being able to help a team is one of the worst feelings and he has retweeted plenty of UNT posts as well as tweeted about UNT games. He also still has it listed in his bio that he is a DE with UNT. I think he'll be here in the spring.

What will his eligibility look like if he does become eligible and joins the team next year? Does he lose a year of eligibility this year?

1 minute ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I looked at his twitter recently and he has a tweet saying not being able to help a team is one of the worst feelings and he has retweeted plenty of UNT posts as well as tweeted about UNT games. He also still has it listed in his bio that he is a DE with UNT. I think he'll be here in the spring.

What will his eligibility look like if he does become eligible and joins the team next year? Does he lose a year of eligibility this year?

Im almost positive he didnt lose any eligibility this year because he never saw the field but thats a better question for the guys that know more than me like @GMG24 or maybe @UNTLifer

2 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

Im almost positive he didnt lose any eligibility this year because he never saw the field but thats a better question for the guys that know more than me like @GMG24 or maybe @UNTLifer

It boils down to him having 5 years to play 4.   Doesn't matter if he sits out for 5 straight years... his time would be up.

Now, I don't remember much about Hoston's situation, but if he didn't redshirt anywhere in between graduating from High School & coming here after 2 years at JUCO, then he would have 3 years to play 2.  This year would, in effect, be his redshirt year, and he would have 2 years to play after this one.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Not sure how that will play out.  Was he a 3 to play 2 transfer?  I would assume, you know what that gets you, he loses a year if he doesn't have the red-shirt available, but I could be wrong.

A Syracuse fan board has several posts saying he had 4 years to play 3 and the posts are from this past recruiting cycle. Don't know how that's possible.

An article linked to Nebraska football says he graduated high school in 2013. The same article linked to Nebraska's football program says he was in his second year at LA Valley and would have 2 years left so unless he went somewhere before LA Valley, he would have 3 to play 2.

18 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I don't think Krasniqi has the speed to play LB but could add 15 to 20 quality pounds and be a DE. 

I posted this thinking he was at 240 lbs.  Rivals has him listed at 255 now.  Wonder which is accurate?

5 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

A Syracuse fan board has several posts saying he had 4 years to play 3 and the posts are from this past recruiting cycle. Don't know how that's possible.

An article linked to Nebraska football says he graduated high school in 2013. The same article linked to Nebraska's football program says he was in his second year at LA Valley and would have 2 years left so unless he went somewhere before LA Valley, he would have 3 to play 2.

Graduated high school in 2013 makes sense. Which is why this article says he was a 2 to play 2 coming into this season, just like a redshirt junior 2013 signee who has been here since high school like Turner Smiley.

http://www.scout.com/junior-college-football/story/1644762-juco-dl-adds-syracuse-offer

Which means 2017 is the last season he will be eligible to play college football. Sounded like Littrell has moved on, and I really doubt he'd use a spot on Hoston even if he could get eligible at this point.

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Which means 2017 is the last season he will be eligible to play college football. Sounded like Littrell has moved on, and I really doubt he'd use a spot on Hoston even if he could get eligible at this point.

If Hoston is already enrolled and paying to be at UNT, is there any reason why Littrell wouldn't at least let him on the team as a walk-on for his final year? He wouldn't have to dedicate a scholarship to him and it really could benefit both parties. Hoston gets a chance to live out his dreams of playing D1 football while we get who some thought would be a top notch pass rusher for a year. No different than a graduate transfer who's never really played much.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GMG_Dallas said:

If Hoston is already enrolled and paying to be at UNT, is there any reason why Littrell wouldn't at least let him on the team as a walk-on for his final year? He wouldn't have to dedicate a scholarship to him and it really could benefit both parties. Hoston gets a chance to live out his dreams of playing D1 football while we get who some thought would be a top notch pass rusher for a year. No different than a graduate transfer who's never really played much.

Sure. I said I really doubt Littrell would use a spot, as in spot in the signing class, on Hoston. Never said I thought he would deny an attempt at him walking on.

• Upvote 1