Guess who leads CUSA in sacks

casual fan

25 minutes ago, UTSA Fan said:

I don't know about that. It's my impression that rolling out the pocket protection is an even harder thing to block. If the other line was recruited for power blocking, this would expose them even more than regular assignments.

5 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

It cuts your throwing lanes in 1/2!

The intention, though, is to at least give him a throwing lane.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Cerebus said:

You can be talented and not fit the scheme.  You take a HOFer like Dirk and try to force him into a back to the basket, fight through the contact 5 and he will struggle, make him try and be a pick and roll point guard and he will struggle even more.  Only so much coaching can do.  

The skill set needed by linemen to run macs offense is very different from that needed to run the SL scheme.  

Sorry, gotta speak up for my man, Dirk here. Dirk actually does great posting up with his back to the basket and does play the 5 in the small lineup. He's one of the most efficient post-up players of all time, good even against bigs. His problem at 5 is Defense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1