Bethune Cookman playing on ESPN

@UNTSportsFan

Just now, GOMG2013 said:

How Does The QB look?  Can he run and break tackles?

Looks like he has that ability they don't ask him to do it a ton.  This is a winable game, we have to take care of the ball and play solid on Defense.  The coaches will get the mistakes fixed.   Guys we lost by 13 to a team who we gave 3 extra possessions to and we made punt 2 times all game.  That is a miracle.  It should have been a blowout.  Give these guys some credit. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Looks like he has that ability they don't ask him to do it a ton.  This is a winable game, we have to take care of the ball and play solid on Defense.  The coaches will get the mistakes fixed.   Guys we lost by 13 to a team who we gave 3 extra possessions to and we made punt 2 times all game.  That is a miracle.  It should have been a blowout.  Give these guys some credit. 

It was a 4 play loss. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just now, MeanGreen_MBA said:

It was a 4 play loss. 

Ehhh I disagree a tad there, but yes we take away the 3rd and McKinney that turns into a one score game.  Their RB who broke loose in the 3rd and got shot by a sniper was a TD so you could argue it was a 3 score game.  Either way you slice it, we have to make more plays, and that is the bottom line. 

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, EAGLE83 said:

Game called off

That's both good and bad.

Good - Bethune Cookman will be short on game experience and so it will be difficult for them to identify areas they need to make adjustments.

Bad - We won't have much (current) game film on them so planning on them will be a challenge.

• Upvote 1

I DVRd it and watched some of it last night after getting home from the Bedford Blues Festival...but I fell asleep. I will watch the rest of it soon. From what I remember, B-C's lines are BIG and they are not just fat. They have a good QB and speed. They seemed to play very undisciplined...lots of penalties, some senseless or stupid. Announcers said they were the most penalized team in college football last year. They were not executing well but my initial impression is that we must not take them too lightly. They are used to winning and have won their conference four of the last five years, per announcers.

Tighten your chin and jock straps, we're in for a bumpy ride.