What Should Be The New ADs First Order Of Business

Eagle-96

12 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

The center court is just a grass field right now.   Why not plan to make the center court an indoor venue?

Space? I wonder if there is enough room to have everything that we might want to include -- the court itself with stands, restrooms, team locker room, coach offices, etc.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

Space? I wonder if there is enough room to have everything that we might want to include -- the court itself with stands, restrooms, team locker room, coach offices, etc.

I think there's plenty of space there for a court & stands.    As for offices, restrooms, locker rooms, etc...  The area just to the south could be used for that (circled in red below), as well as a T&F locker room/offices since I believe the new T&F stadium is supposed to go right there.

z0RuWFs.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think there's plenty of space there for a court & stands.    As for offices, restrooms, locker rooms, etc...  The area just to the south could be used for that (circled in red below), as well as a T&F locker room/offices since I believe the new T&F stadium is supposed to go right there.

z0RuWFs.jpg

I guess you could have an asymmetrical look to the facility and extend it however far south as necessary. This could look really nice if done right. You'd want/need the restrooms and any concessions attached to the building that will house the court/stands. You can put the locker room and coach offices wherever you want but they should be as close to the tennis facility as possible, IMO.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Cerebus said:

There are only ~23 schools in the nation that can even make football profitable, college sports is not really a profit leader.  You have to factor in the soft benefits or almost no one should do it. 

Great point. I didn't realize so few football programs were profitable. Thanks. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, UNTFan23 said:

I guess you could have an asymmetrical look to the facility and extend it however far south as necessary. This could look really nice if done right. You'd want/need the restrooms and any concessions attached to the building that will house the court/stands. You can put the locker room and coach offices wherever you want but they should be as close to the tennis facility as possible, IMO.

There is also space by the parking lot there that could be used for offices, training space, locker rooms, etc. There also appears to be space to connect the two buildings so that you could access the indoor facility without having to go outside. The only issue with building there is that construction could impact use of the existing courts.

We are lucky to have lots of space to build, so I think we should use it. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/15/2016 at 6:29 PM, UNT90 said:

Come on. Even though you post here, would you really want to hang out with a dude wearing a screen name on his back and sitting in a fan forum section? I think not. 

We might as well dump a whole bottle of Axe on our body and bring our Star Wars memorabilia collection with us...

I get what you're saying, but with a few tweaks to the situation you described, that's what I encountered when I met the CoogFans. We scream our fandom without screaming our nerdiness.

16 minutes ago, RushnStudies said:

I get what you're saying, but with a few tweaks to the situation you described, that's what I encountered when I met the CoogFans. We scream our fandom without screaming our nerdiness.

Tweaks!?!? Have you met this fan base? 

If we are on the topic of supporting non-revenue sports then why don't we bring back men's soccer? I was a successful program and the metroplex is a hotbed of talent for soccer. There are already existing facilities... However I may be biased!

11 hours ago, GM1998 said:

If we are on the topic of supporting non-revenue sports then why don't we bring back men's soccer? I was a successful program and the metroplex is a hotbed of talent for soccer. There are already existing facilities... However I may be biased!

Soccer instead of Baseball?

sHJII8b.gif

Bring both baseball and men's soccer. Add women's rowing and feild hockey or something... It'll balance out! We dont have the money for that rn id bet... But the ad should expand sports if the goal of athletics isnt profit but exposure. 

12 hours ago, Cerebus said:

Soccer instead of Baseball?

sHJII8b.gif

It would be a successful program. I believe the start up cost would not be as large as baseball from a facilities perspective. Neither would make money. I admit I am biased. I was a soccer player. I feel about baseball the way I am sure many of you feel about soccer. However if we get a team I would gladly support the them. 

• Upvote 1