Kick SMUt's ass on 9/3 in front of what should be a good crowd and we're off to a good attendance increase. Step on our dick right out of the gate and we'll be lucky to match last year. I hate to be gloomy but that's how I see it tonight...maybe a beer will help.

Wow...Chirinos and Odor both with 2 home runs each to power Texas back from  down 0-5 with 5 runs in the 6th and go on to win 7-5.

The Rangers are the first team to hit 3 or more HR's in three straight games in the same season in Oakland County Stadium...(opened in 1968).

At 41-25 Texas has now set a franchise best record thru 66 games.

Texas' 6 1/2 game lead is second best in the MLB next to the Cub's 9.5.

Another crazy note:  Chirinos and Odor are the first Venezuelan-born teammates  in MLB history to have multiple HR's in the same game.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

On 6/15/2016 at 0:31 AM, FirefightnRick said:

And I don't believe the reported attendance for this game at 13,101.  Didn't look like 5,000 on TV.

I don't know why teams can't just report the number of tickets scanned instead of purchased. I mean, 13,101 is already a crappy attendance (just over 10.1 K was announced last night) so you might as well be completely honest.

Meanwhile Chirinos with 3 homers in the past 3 games I believe... I hope he didn't take anything over his stint on the DL to get healthy!

9 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Texas rolls St. Louis 1-0.  

Hamels defeats Wacha in a gem, going 7 2/3 innings giving up only one hit.

One Cardinal reached 2nd base.

Best record in the American League.

Wilhemson the Bartender goin back to serve drinks...he gone after refusing a Triple A assignment, activating his free agency.

Rick

It was great to watch! Go Rangers! Keep the momentum. Today is "The Battle of Martinez" and their Martinez looks a lot better on paper than our Martinez. Pray for our bats to come alive!!

YES!!

We beat the "Martinez Curse" and also added a game to our lead over those Seattle bitches. What's not to like?

I think I'll have a couple Shiners.

• Upvote 1

Well, we almost couldn't stand prosperity...but, THE RANGERS SWEEP!! The results of this series were beyond my expectations. An added bonus was we put another game on those Seattle bitches. Shiners for everyone!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

Well, we almost couldn't stand prosperity...but, THE RANGERS SWEEP!! The results of this series were beyond my expectations. An added bonus was we put another game on those Seattle bitches. Shiners for everyone!

Seattle ain't who the Rangers will have to worry about. They are already fading.

Houston is another story.

Great weekend. Keep winning.

The Rangers have swept the Cardinals twice since the 2011 World Series. I would prefer to have won the World Series.

But great series nonetheless. The Rangers keep finding ways to win and I don't see this team slowing down because every time a few players get injured or go through a slump, there is always several other Rangers picking up their games.

BUT the Rangers have to win today, tomorrow, and Wednesday to keep their series winning streak alive because today's makeup game with Baltimore does count as its own series.

Edited by Matt from A700

50 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

The Rangers have swept the Cardinals twice since the 2011 World Series. I would prefer to have won the World Series.

But great series nonetheless. The Rangers keep finding ways to win and I don't see this team slowing down because every time a few players get injured or go through a slump, there is always several other Rangers picking up their games.

BUT the Rangers have to win today, tomorrow, and Wednesday to keep their series winning streak alive because today's makeup game with Baltimore does count as its own series.

So your saying we have to win...to keep winning.

Awesome!  Keep it up Rangers!

Rick

The only reason that I'm fixated on Seattle right now is that they are closest to us. Until Houston makes their run, I'll continue to hope we keep pushing that boundary with Seattle out as far as we can. 8 1/2 games is nice, 9 1/2 would be better. Go Rangers!

4 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

So your saying we have to win...to keep winning.

Awesome!  Keep it up Rangers!

Rick

Welp I'm just saying we have a franchise record 10-game home series winning streak and now the next three games are two separate series so just one loss over the next three days and the streak is over!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

The only reason that I'm fixated on Seattle right now is that they are closest to us. Until Houston makes their run, I'll continue to hope we keep pushing that boundary with Seattle out as far as we can. 8 1/2 games is nice, 9 1/2 would be better. Go Rangers!

I agree, plus we typically don't play well in Seattle.  Also you gotta keep in mind that last sweep in Seattle we were fortunate enough to dodge King Felix due to him being on the 15 day disabled list.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rangers do it AGAIN! Houston still 11 games back, Seattle no better than 8 1/2 back (tied in 11th at Detroit).

HOW 'BOUT THEM RANGERS?

Now bring on those Reds.

Edited by EagleMBA

1 minute ago, UNT90 said:

8 on a row. 4 straight one run wins. 

Bullpen Pitching is really clicking. Dyson is getting a little dicey, though.

So is Barnette, the setup man. He has me on the verge of soiling myself every time he comes in...but we play great defense behind him.

Our 7 game win streak is now the longest in the majors.

Giants, Cubs and Nationals all lost.

Seattle just lost to Detroit with a walk off in the 12th.

9 1/2 game lead.

Holland...geez he's terrible right now.

The bullpen has won 4 games in a row.

Texas has now won 10 series in a row, a club record.

And possibly the craziest stat for long time suffering Rangers fans...Texas is now 17-4 in 1 run games which leads the majors.

17-4 in 1 run games...in June???????  Crazy!

image.jpg

#Nevereverquit

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Damn! We played down to the competition tonight. Cincy is one of the worst teams right now. We had some luck..Seattle lost and Houston is on the verge as I write this. Hopefully, we won't lose any ground tonight. Nonetheless, we laid an egg tonight. :(

200.gif

Bad bad night for Colby.  Bound to happen.  

Just wished it didn't happen to the 4th worse team in baseball.

Hard to believe that coming into this game the Reds' DeSclafani had a 2.08 ERA but a 0-0 record.  He had been on a rehab assignment then the 60 day disabled list since April from a mid oblique strain.  This was only his third appearance this year. He deserves his first win as he pitched his ass off tonight in heat that the Reds are probably not used to?

Our last bad  loss was to the terrible A's on Monday of last week.  Hopefully we'll rebound just as well?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Downvote 1