I was out of touch while eating grilled stuff, drinking lots of Shiner, and shooting off lots of fireworks with friends and family. I could not believe the score when I turned the phone back on! I do not recall when the Rangers have given up that many runs. At least Houston lost but here comes Seattle again. Hamels to the rescue today!!!

• Downvote 1

We've now lost 4 of our last 5 games...and two in a row to the shittiest team in the majors.

I know we have a 8 1/2 game lead in first place.  But I truly appreciate the Rangers' effort to help their fans at least feel like it's just another normal beginning to the month of July.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Downvote 4

Opportunity week! The two teams right behind us (ASStros and Marinaras) have to eat each other for the next three games. Go Rangers! Let's take care of business in Beantown.

Awshit!! At least we have two decent pitchers starting the next two games - Griffin and Perez (the sharp Perez). ASStros over the Marinaras so the Ms didn't get any closer to us. Come on Rangers, snap back and take these next two in Boston!

The entire squad needs to be admitted to the ICU for the next three days! We also need to find some starting pitching muy pronto! I think Colby was moved to the 60 day list about 10 days ago. Don't know when we'll see Yu again. We're in deep doo doo, folks.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

Beautifully pitched game by Hamels to help pull the Rangers out of the losing streak, giving up 4 hits and no earned runs.

Rick

Amen! Now, come on Seattle. It would be nice to back Houston off just a little.

It is agonizing to watch the Rangers waste opportunity after opportunity to pad their lead over Houston. I fear this will end up biting us in the ass. Thank you, Louse!

If the real Perez takes the mound tonight we have a chance to avoid the sweep.

This team is getting hard to watch.

Dudes making huge money like Fielder going 0'fer.

Killing rally's by trying to steal with slow guys like Mazara.

Elvis running us out of rally's by simply overrunning the base?

And of course...serving Pujols a second time with two on...with 1st base open?

Its bad baseball.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It feels like backing a horse that broke from the gate and goes strongly to the front...then watching in horror as the pack is making up ground as you round the curve on the home stretch. Bannister can go to the whip but we may not have enough left to finish. The mental errors Rick cites seem to be signs of fatigue; throw that in with the state of our starting pitchers and we are in deep doo doo.

The ASStros and the Marinaras have both won today. Win tonight or we drop another game to each. I know there are still a lot of games to play but this is a must win for the Rangers.

Someone tweeted last night that if the game last night against the Angels held...(Texas was losing 7-4 at the time)..that Ranger starting and middle relief pitching  would have a record of 1-11 with an ERA of over 7 the past 12 games.

Hard to even fathom a couple of weeks ago.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick