DRC: Young, Tauaalo step into leadership roles on defensive line

Brett Vito

Short handed this fall. Short handed last fall. Short handed every fall.

We shoulda hired a DL coach with a national championship ring as head coach...

Wait, UNT will probably do that again when Littrell leaves...

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 17

21 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Short handed this fall. Short handed last fall. Short handed every fall.

We shoulda hired a DL coach with a national championship ring as head coach...

Wait, UNT will probably do that again when Littrell leaves...

UNT90 sounds like he would make a horrible boss. I hope he doesn't manage people.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Is hope from English realistic this year?  We are UNT after all.  What are the chances of an appeal going our way?

I really don't think so.  And the rule has been rewritten to be pretty black and white not allowing immediate eligibility in these kinds of cases, regardless of who's appealing.  Littrell and staff either are unaware of the rule change or think they have found a loophole somewhere that they are even attempting an appeal.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

I really don't think so.  And the rule has been rewritten to be pretty black and white not allowing immediate eligibility in these kinds of cases, regardless of who's appealing.  Littrell and staff either are unaware of the rule change or think they have found a loophole somewhere that they are even attempting an appeal.

I think if it were a hard, clear cut and enforced rule, he would have been told no by now.

He still might be turned down, but the delay makes it seem like they are considering, or at the least, will let him state his case. 

From an article when the change was first made two years ago:

Gone are the days of immediate eligibility in terms of transfers with hardships. In the past, student-athletes have been granted immediate eligibility in cases involving hardships - difficult life or family hardships - and been able to play immediately without having to sit out a year like normal NCAA transfers.

That won't happen any more, but the Division I Leadership Council proposed that a sixth year of eligibility could be added if a student-athlete needed it to complete four years of playing eligibility.

From the NCAA, "the change primarily impacts student-athletes who play baseball, basketball, bowl subdivision football and men's ice hockey, as well as those in other sports who already transferred once. These student-athletes would no longer be able to seek a waiver to transfer and compete immediately."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/04/ncaa_says_no_more_immediate-el.html

I just don't see where there is any wiggle room in this.