Meacham Turns Down Tx State

James329

If I were a Bobcat fan I would really like this. He has a staff that works well together at the NCAA level, even if it was not FBS. I believe texas ties in recruiting are a bit overrated.

JMU on the other hand is getting a really raw deal here. Losing your coach and pretty much ALL of the assistants this late in the game is a real killer.

• Upvote 2

I think this hurts Meacham's future chances. What I read from this is either a) he wasn't the best option for North Texas but mostly b) he's only going to jump when the money is high enough. ie He's not a hungry coach who wants to make his name at a program, he's a coordinator in his 50s who's only concerned with a paycheck or being in the most comfortable location possible.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoEagle said:

I think this hurts Meacham's future chances. What I read from this is either a) he wasn't the best option for North Texas but mostly b) he's only going to jump when the money is high enough. ie He's not a hungry coach who wants to make his name at a program, he's a coordinator in his 50s who's only concerned with a paycheck or being in the most comfortable location possible.

How about both of those scenarios.  We got the better of the two options IMO

On January 7, 2016 at 0:25 PM, ColoradoEagle said:

Or option 3) he's really devoted to his family and has turned down (and will continue to turn down) any offers that come outside the metroplex until his kids are out of HS. This has been reported often.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Keep in mind that Meacham was RV's choice...

According to media sources...

but we also know that the Kuehne family is close with the Littrell family and thus by proxy would be a choice of RV's as well.  I don't think the Prez was as hands on as many wish was the case here.  Also consider that Everett Withers was in talks with us as well and he was an old Southern Miss acquaintance of RV as well.  I just personally believe that all three guys were RV's choice with Smat merely making the final approval.  Of course we know that the largest donor at UNT really had a ton of say so in this matter as well.

1 hour ago, All About UNT said:

but we also know that the Kuehne family is close with the Littrell family and thus by proxy would be a choice of RV's as well.  I don't think the Prez was as hands on as many wish was the case here.  Also consider that Everett Withers was in talks with us as well and he was an old Southern Miss acquaintance of RV as well.  I just personally believe that all three guys were RV's choice with Smat merely making the final approval.  Of course we know that the largest donor at UNT really had a ton of say so in this matter as well.

Great...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1